La Liga

Very good first half by Gijòn.

Second half: first four minutes, two goals: Gijon 1 - 1 Atleti.

Gameiro’s hattrick gave Atletico a large undeserved win.
Real leading Espanyol thanks to Morata.
2-0 FT. Bale back with a goal.
Seville beat Eibar and go second.

So is the Gameiro hattrick yesterday the fastest or second fastest hattrick in La Liga history? I’ve seen some conflating stats on it, some say it’s a SECOND QUICKER than David Villa’s hattrick in 2006, whilst others have it as a little slower.

Edit: I finally looked into it a little bit more and apparently it’s the second fastest in La Liga history, after Bebeto’s in 1995.

1 Like

Villareal stun Real Sociedad! Never saw it coming.
Big win for Valencia against Bilbao. Barca play Leganés in less than an hour.
1-0 Barca HT. Messi.

Barça are pretty boring to watch without Iniesta/a midfield creator.

It’s just get it to the MSN and see if they can do something cool against 5 defenders.

Truly don’t see the point of Andre Gomes, Rakitic is better at his job, let Rakitic do it and bring in Denis to with Rafinha to have a bit of creativity.

1 Like

Leganes should deserve to equalize, tbf.
Another half-chance for the Madrid outfit. Barca are still crap.
Finally a chance for Barca with Rafinha. He just took too much time on the ball.

Maybe you’re right about Sergi Roberto @will24 . Catastrophic error from him. Nothing more than Lega deserved though. Barça shocking again.

1-1! Deserved, tbf. What a mistake by Sergi Roberto!

This reminds me of how Arsenal fans tried to defend a certain Welshman :joy:

3 Likes

Andrè Gomes booed!

Shocking error man.

I was actually coming round to your way of thinking, as I was slightly harsh on him. Especially when compared to some of their players, and a notoriously shaky defence…

All in all that goal was coming, error or not. Not pretty to watch, the quality of the football started to nose dive since the 2-2 draw with Villareal last March (?). And as you said earlier @AbouCuellar, without Iniesta you’re just waiting to see what the MSN can do. So poor.

1 Like

Lucky lucky Barca

Very Arsenal vs. Burnley this game.

1 Like

LOL that defending… why is he even arguing

1 Like

Pfff so lucky. Harsh on Leganes.

The questions will remain regardless.

Neymar did one of his tricks here. Stonewall penalty. Messi scores.
OH! Leganes so close!

Both teams have had the same amount of shots on target. So bad.

Full time, already looking forward to some of the post match responses, and they won :joy:

1 Like

Leganes almost pulled out another Alaves! They were very unlucky.

Valencia 2-0 up against Real after 26 minutes :cech:
Image Real losing a league they have already won :smiley: