La Liga

Zidane is the Forrest Gump of managers.

2 Likes

Athletic-Atletico 2-2 FT.
Barca leading Eibar thanks to the young Suarez.
Messi thanks to Suarez’s assist. 2-0.
So Barca have scored 8 goals in their last 2 games. They seem to get back to their old level.

Alaves are in the Copa del Rey last 4! Massive result for them.

Eibar-Atletico and Celta-Real today for the Copa del Rey quarter-finals return leg. Real with a mountain to climb.
Atletico 2-2 FT. They are through.

@Burgundy @A.F @TheSpecialCnut any talk out there in the tactics twitter world/statsbomb etc. on Berizzo?

1 Like

This is the only thing I can remember reading:

http://www.thetacticsroom.com/articles/2015/10/20/celta-vigos-beautiful-brand-of-possession-based-football-is-set-to-leave-them-vying-for-europe

heavy on man-marking, and concedes goals for fun, so most likely won’t be a favorite on tactics twitter.

Real are playing with Nacho as LB and Casemiro as CB.

buckets of injuries for them now, defensively Marcelo out a month, Varane a week from last game, on top of Carvajal and Pepe.

1 Like

Jesus, Madrid’s build-up play (or lack thereof) really is so reminiscent of ours.

Shut the fuck up! We play so much better than them. They are just lucky.

Real Madrid players are yawning on the bench, lol!
CR7 AHAHAHAHHAHA! How did he miss it?

How’s Varane doing these days?

Real lack intensity.
Chance for Celta now.

Depends on what you mean by these days, he’s been starting recently as Pepe is out long term, he got injured last game and is out for a week so not playing now. When he was playing he was alright, “mostly good” if there is such a thing.

1 Like

Tbh when I say these days I basically mean this season and last, as I rmerely watch football outside the PL.

Just cos there was so much hype about him but I haven’t heard so much about him since.

Real’s defence :coq:. 1-0 Celta.

Ah. (1-0 Celta, Guidetti)

He’s been good, I mean he was supposed to take over after Pepe had his last injury, just that when Pepe came back he was… great so he got his spot back. But Varane is definitely a good defender, strong, really quick, some of his smaller errors and somewhat unpolished decision making at times seem to come from only getting patches of games and being a bit young.

But he is definitely a good defender over all, the sky is the limit if he continues to develop, the reason he hasn’t been getting too much attention is that he is still second choice I think.

2 Likes

Cheers @oompa

1 Like

No sign of life from Real at all.

1-1 cr free kick rocket