Kylian Mbappe

Yeah seriously a move to Arsenal would be the best career move.

1 Like

Why would a move to Arsenal be best ? Over say remaining at the French Champions & CL semi finalists ? I suppose you could say playing in the Premier League, but why would we be better than Say Liverpool ? He’d get every opportunity at Liverpool that he would at us, but he’d get CL football.

If you think him joining a rival to Monaco is best, then i have no words.

I have no words for your response :joy:

HA! Just woke up. Sorry bro, what time is it where you are?

1 Like

9 hours ahead of you bud, 503pm or 1703.

Because that’s not a move :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah seriously had the exact same thought.

2 Likes

Wenger, London, BPL money, brand exposure, exposure in general.

Plenty of reasons. Unless you consider winning leagues important.

Yeah London is a valid one if he was to indeed come to the Premier League.

Playing off arguably the best #10 in the world too, would be another.

2 Likes

We will pay him more money in the interim. More exposure in the PL, Özil, developed by Wenger who is very good at making even mediocre players seem like a good signing for top clubs. There are lots of reasons and they’ve been discussed ad nauseam in this thread already tbh.

1 Like

If Wenger was so good at making average players seem like good signings for top clubs, why do we have so much overpaid deadwood on our wage bill ? :cry:. You make some good points and dom bad ones in that post.

We don’t have any more than any other club in reality. It’s just easier to notice pure because we have a vested interest in this club in particular.

1 Like

If Wenger couldn’t convince him and his family to sign here before the hype and breakout season then I don’t see why he’s going to buy into it now.

Effectively the pitch will be the same with circumstances here looking far less rosy than they would have been back then, going to Real now is fine as he’ll play a decent amount. Also if he develops how some expect he’ll be ready for a starting spot soon enough.

Can’t bring myself to be invested in this at all.

1 Like

If at first you don’t succeed, just give up.

Awesome

Trying is perfectly fine.

I just think it ultimately means sweet FA and could be detrimental being chased for the whole damn summer and ending up with Jack shit to show for it.

If the carrot on the end of the string is someone of Mbappe’s calibre, you fucking go for it.

Besides, this represents a step change in player acquisition. We are going for the single best young player in all of world football, and if we achieve completion, we shatter all previous spending records of all clubs to have ever existed.

Maybe it doesn’t come off, but if you take a step back and look at what the offer represents objectively, then it’s truely worth keeping your head up and embracing this transfer window with open arms.

What does the offer represent? I’m genuinely curious what you mean by that.

A step change in player acquisition. Or rather, a clear change in policy and attitude.

Are all the Mbappe rumours just about Arsenal? Has there been any news on other clubs trying to sign him in the past two weeks?