Kylian Mbappe

Some of you are putting on a clinic in mental gymnastics to put forward a case for him signing here…bravo.

4 Likes

Can you really blame people for being excited that we are linked with him. I think everyone’s aware that his destination will likely be Real but Wenger does have a bit of influence with French players which is a straw I’ll happily clutch too all summer long.

9 Likes

So we almost got him! C’mon Wenger! Show you are still a great manager to play for.

About that influence. I would like for him to have use it a little more over the last couple of years…feel like we missed out more than we have should have regarding black, french-speaking players.

Definitely, but it’s still something I feel is perhaps Wenger’s greatest attribute - albeit one he doesn’t use frequently enough.

I think his repuatation played a big part in Ozil and Alexis coming here, and I certainly feel now that we have the financial muscle to back it up we need to seriously improve our player acquisition.

Mbappe would - finally - be a move in the right direction, a new dawn.

2 Likes

Arsene Wenger spending 100m on a player is definitely the opposite of very little pressure imo.

I really just hope this isn’t another Suarez or Benzema summer with us chasing him until the very last week and then fall back onto buying no one.

I’m trying (and failing) to not think that way

5 Likes

We don’t know if it wasn’t Suarez or Ozil that summer though :wink:. And not Suarez or another striker.

Can the miserable cunts just let us dreamers have our moment?

True, though you can probably make the same argument for the last 5 or so years anyway :slight_smile:

You can. No one is making you read their comments though or reply to them. They have as much right to post their thoughts as you :wink:

I’m neither btw cba to get emotionally involved in transfers this year

The Lacazette thread begs to differ.

1 Like

I just find it laughable people on here go on like he’s the reincarnation of Sanogo.

Really couldn’t give a fuck if he signs or not.

It’s done. Move the thread now!

(or don’t we do that anymore?)

Real Madrid is a horrible club, all that is wrong with football. Need a liquidating tbh

3 Likes

They are the Man U of Spain.

I wake up to 48 pointless posts in the Mbappe thread :joy:. He’s not coming to Arsenal despite how much I wish he would.

3 Likes

Shut yer puss fannybaws.

I said I wouldn’t fall for this again…:santi:

Some excellent points have been made here about why a move to Madrid is not best suited for a young player like Mbappe, especially given the huge transfer fee that will be involved. Personally, if I were him, I don’t think I would choose Madrid at this stage of my career. Madrid is the ultimate test of a footballer, not just in terms of his skills, but his character and mental fortitude. Countless talented players have gone there dreaming of big things and have been chewed up and spat out by Madrid like they were nothing. There is enough time for him to make it big at a club like Madrid later on in his career. Ronaldo only went to Madrid at 24.

Having said that, I don’t, for one minute expect Mbappe to sign for us. On the other hand, I think we have an excellent chance of signing his family.

7 Likes