Jeff Reine-Adelaide

:slightly_frowning_face:

Hopefully there’s a buy back clause. Didn’t really impress when I watched him with the youths tbf, or his games in Carling Cup, but don’t wanna kill my something-like-the GOAT that is Diaby-dream.

1 Like

Gone

1 Like

Or that really good German chap?

Good luck. Another young prospect wasted at Arsenal. Let’s hope we can turn it around under Emery.

Another youth player signing that didn’t make it. I must say that’s very surprising. Not.

Lot of excitement when we signed him, really tough to get excited about young players at Arsenal these days.

2 Likes

Emile Smith-Rowe looks very intriguing… and there are a few others. We still have Nelson, Nketiah, AMN who are all pretty young, not to mention Willock.

Its hard to make it at a club of Arsenal’s level as a youth prospect - odds are massively against you.

1 Like

I knew this would happen he never showed enough in my opinion. Was excited at first but then his performances were not wow this kid is going to be big

4 Likes

Seems that his fellow country man left the lub as well.

Just came back to say I told you guys so :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Starting to look like a real player” – hopefully we won’t be buying him back for £50m in a few years time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Matt Spiro ACing all his mates there.

1 Like

I always felt frustrated we didn’t give him another go (despite the injury hiccups). Whenever I saw him play for the France U21s he was levels above everyone every time…

Good luck to him I guess

There’s nothing that prevents him from having a good career somewhere else. We just didn’t provide him with the right environment for his talents to flourish and maybe he’ll get that playing around the mid to lower fringes of Ligue 1.

The only young player we’ve let go over the 5 years that stings is Gnabry because everybody with eyes could see the kid had the ability to be very good here.

And in the end we let a talent now worth probably around €40-50m go for £5m because of the incompetence of those that led us.

4 Likes

His contract was expiring and he wanted out. He hadn’t shown a particularly good attitude when out on loan 6 months prior. Should he have got more playing time? Probably but he was out injured and it depends whether he was ready to contribute.

Adelaide didn’t push on in the youth team but you wondered if he would of transitioned well to the first team with his size and technical ability that was reminicent of Diaby.

we’ve done it again :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

This kind of shit will happen when you’re a big club, but it just feels a bit typical of us haha.

Can only hope we’ve got a decent all on percentage inserted to mitigate this.

1 Like

:facepalm:

What a bunch of moronic cunts.

How in the fuck do we continue to make our players look worse than they are?!?!?;

2 Likes

I honestly thought the little fucker was still one of ours, so when I just saw this on the twitter I was like what the actual fuck, hardly surprised though :joy:

1 Like