January Transfer window thread

How do him and Lacazette play in the same side?

You can play a narrow diamond similar to the formation in which Ozil, Laca and Sanchez featured in.

PEA could play just off Laca, although I doubt weā€™ll sign him anyway.

Lacazette gets dumped, no need to make room for a 1 in 3 merchant. Anyways we wonā€™t be signing him anyways.

Would it mean we would play with 2 strikers?

Ozil

Auba Lacazette

Source from a well-known Bundesliga journalist.

1 Like

The squad is always going to be far off though. I donā€™t think we can expect to fix everything and then go and get that final piece or two. Even if heā€™s only good for 3 years it should be more positive than not doing anything and hoping decent players are available instead.

And in terms of money, if he really is around Ā£50m, if we can get something like Ā£20-30m for Sanchez then thatā€™s only Ā£20-30m more and in a season where weā€™re currently on something like a Ā£20-30m transfer profit I donā€™t think itā€™s a big deal. Even if we spent Ā£40m on Malcom thatā€™d only be a net spend of something like Ā£20-30m which is perfectly fine.

If Ozil staying is really a possibility then Iā€™d say any positive action we can do in the next two weeks is necessary. Or even if he doesnā€™t, making our squad look more complete in time for the summer will probably help us appeal to players and pretend weā€™re not in a mess, rather than being barebones and desperate for players and deciding we should hold onto weak players because we need numbers.

3 Likes

It doesnā€™t seem to be in any way related to a possible move. At least from what I can find heā€™ll be fined, didnā€™t play against Wolfsburg and thatā€™s it.

Sounded really rude, tbh.

Imagine if we did get auba and malcolm and shipped off Walcott and sanchez

aubaā€¦lacaā€¦malcolm

ozilā€¦wilshereā€¦ramsey

Midfield could do with a little bit of work but the forward line arguably is better than when we did have sanchez.

3 Likes

The problem is one: Mugabe would still be our manager. We can even buy Messi, but we need to get rid of ArsƩne Mugabe first.

1 Like

Seems legit. More sources seem to be covering the story now. I always thought Auba would be off to China next.

fucking hell fair play if we have signed Auba in the current shambles we are in

changing to 3-5-2 or 4-4-2?

1 Like

If we do sign him, it will only be because of the shambles weā€™re in.

This would be yet another knee jerk signing by Wenger, when things arenā€™t going right.

Pretty decent one compared to some others mind.

3 Likes

He is a fucking hypocrite. ā€œJanuary window should be closedā€ :smile:

Possibly.
Probably an indication of the pressure he is under rather than a signing he has planned ages for.

Would give everyone a lift but just dont see it happening.

But it isnā€™t closed, and while it isnā€™t, you use it.

You can think the January window is stupid, still make deals, and not be a hypocrite.

2 Likes

Not particularly excited by this if it comes to fruition. Probably because I donā€™t really rate him or like him, and the fact weā€™re losing Sanchez :rofl:

1 Like