January Transfer window thread

Sometimes old doesn’t mean shit.

Spanish source: http://sevilla.abc.es/deportes/orgullodenervion/noticias/sevilla-fc/nzonzi-futuro-esta-sitio-no-sevilla-fc-135557-1512491575.html?amp=1

Good. He is surely coming now.

‘Or Everton’ is the key passage here. Not the first time we’ve been used to pressure clubs I imagine. N’Zonzi and Allardyce also worked together at Blackburn.

Yeah, forgot about it. Hope we can move fast :xhaka:

He’ll probably leave but not to us.

Leicester or something

1 Like

Everton already have a shit ton of CM’s, that’s the one area they are perfectly fine in. Their issues are in defence and the CF position.

Sure they could get him but that doesn’t solve any problems prior relationship with Big Sam or no.

1 Like

Yeah, but those aren’t his players.

Don’t be such a doom monger. Have faith in Wenger! :xhaka:

That’s like saying have faith in a split condom tbh.

4 Likes

Would prefer we went for a real talent in their early twenties. Waiting for a gem from Sven.

1 Like

Wonder if we will regret not going back in for him…

Doubt it, he looked pretty uninspiring in his highlight videos when we were interested and no Stutgart are the biggest club interested

Reading Romero might end up at PSV Eindhoven in stead of Stuttgart.

1 Like

I think we should be looking to bring in a fullback this window, ideally one that can play on both sides. I worry we will end up running Bellerin & Kolasinac into the ground and our other options are far from ideal.

A Debuchy that cares to perform would also be fine I guess, but I’m hesitant to trust both him being fit and caring enough to perform as a back up.

1 Like

Tall CB (Evans or De Vrij), strong midfielder (N’Zonzi) and a left winger are what we need.

2 Likes

Personally think signings are irrelevant as luck as Wenger is the manager, in a normal type world I agree with what you are saying though.

3 Likes

A good signing in January might give us a few weeks of bounce. Might be enough for top 4 at least.

However I can’t see Wenger signing a tall CB or a strong midfielder unless we get two CB injuries or two more CM injuries. Even without Ramsey I’m sure Wenger will be happy with Xhaka, Coquelin, Elneny and Wilshere. He’s even played Iwobi there before.

1 Like

Mahrez really would have been perfect.

3 Likes