January Transfer window thread

Really good to hear that we might be looking for a CB. Not signing one last summer was a massive mistake.

1 Like
4 Likes

hahahahahah yes Motherwell drag them :joy::joy:

@Electrifying

2 Likes

Come onā€¦ how many goals did Gervinho score in domestic league? How many Auba did?

1 Like

Auba + a CB ?

https://i.imgur.com/sOVHLtY.gif

That would be the best january transfer window

3 Likes

IMG_20180123_193936

1 Like

Gervinho scored 28 in 67 games at Lille. Compare to Auba who has scored 98 in 143 games at Dortmund. Not as prolificā€¦ but not the disaster he was while here.

Are you comparing St Auba to Gervinho? :face_with_monocle:

ā€¦ No, Iā€™m illustrating the fact that just because a player is good in another league doesnā€™t mean heā€™ll be successful here. Hence, why Iā€™m not getting to hyped up about it. Also, he hasnā€™t signed yet. If he signs I might upgrade my mood to cautiously optimistic.

Does this mean even if we capture Messi and you will be in ā€œcautiously optimisticā€ mode also, because he has never played in EPL??

Itā€™s not a good example, given Gervinho had 36 goals in his 2 seasons before coming to us and PEA has 100 goals in the last 2 1/2 seasons

In terms of chances of doing well for us, there probably isnā€™t anyone better that we could actually get.

2 Likes

If we got Smalling, Aubameyang as well as Mkhitayran it would mean Wenget has got three players he was originally linked with, in previous seasons, but they didnā€™t meet with his valuation.

The irony is, that if he did get all three of them, he would be paying several times their original value, when he was originally interested.

Also if we get them it would be the best transfer window I have ever seen, even if we did lose our best player to get them.

Getting rid of Walcott and Coquelin, even if has been too long, and then getting two players that I have wanted since they were playing together for Dortmund, and possibly a decent CB, would represent a very good window, even if it wasnā€™t planned.

All it took was almost the whole fanbase to turn against him, his best players wanting to leave and dropping out of the CL for Wenger to actually do something in the transfer window he says he despises, and stop dithering long enough to get the business done.

Either that or maybe Sven had something to do with it.

1 Like

Really? Messi? We need a Godwinā€™s Law of transfer talk.

ā€œAll transfer talk will eventually devolve into a comparison to Messiā€ - Norrisā€™ Law

Man, Auba is an obvious upgrade and comparing him to Gervinho is like discrediting him.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t compare him to Gervinio. Read what I wrote. I was using Gervinio as an example of drop off in form for players who come to usā€¦ could have been any number of players who fell victim to the prem. I conceded several times that Auba is a better player. But make no mistake. Heā€™s not the second coming of Henry. Heā€™s not going to walk into the team and score 30 a year like he has at Dortmund. If he does Iā€™ll gladly eat my humble pie. Once again in all caps to make my original pointā€¦ HE HASNā€™T SIGNED YET.

Chillā€¦

When you put 2 names together in the same sentenceā€¦ my understanding is ā€œcomparingā€ā€¦

Anyway, I donā€™t believe he will walk into the team and score 30 straight awayā€¦ that is why I think keeping Laca as striker and put Auba on the wing is better, because it is simply not right to strip away Lacaā€™s starting spot, and Auba is kind of ā€œSanchez replacementā€. It makes sense for me to have Auba to take Sanchezā€™ spot instead of moving Laca to wing and start Auba as starting striker. This will disrupt the team further more.

You are right, we havenā€™t signed him yet. Wait and see.

MADNESS INCOMING

4 Likes

Jesus. Pure desperation.

3 Likes

So better not to sign anyone?

Well Pep was after him so he may not be the best but he is good enough to keep us going until we can address that area better (when wenger goes because lets face it we could have Thiago Silva there and still look crap)

1 Like