January Transfer window thread

Not sure if beats per min or bangs per min :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Decent thread

3 Likes

Someone should tell that strategy to Juventus.

If Ozil leaves the only player with experience for our front three/four is Lacazette (I want Welbeck gone he does nothing for us). We need to add experience to that for the transition period those potential youngsters are going to go through, whom we most definitely should sign, too grow. Plus we have an actual goal (Europa League). Aubameyang fits the Firmino mould as semi-star even if he’s a couple of years older. With these signings we can compete for 4th place next season whilst building the next team.

@oompa
@JakeyBoy
@Phoebica

Discussion on this forum is getting more excited than what happened on the field…

Now you guys are talking about shagging bpm… :slight_smile:

Why am I tagged in this?

Maybe you were not the Phoebica in the Giroud/Bellerin thread and discussion?? :ozil2:

I must be misled by you guys then :stuck_out_tongue:

Well yeah. But you quoted something I wasn’t involved in.

My chat has always been excited/sexual to be honest

oh~~~ sorry… thought the BPM topic started by @oompa was excited, but seems like not for you… :slight_smile:

well… at least it was “sexual/sensual”… correct??

Lmao wtf is this

1 Like

I still don’t buy this old and past it argument. The reason clubs like Liverpool did so shit was that their team was shit and when they lost their best players they were scrambling trying to find anyone decent and sometimes you need to try out a few players to find that one that’s any good for that position.

All we’d be doing by signing Auba and Micky is stopping the rot and decline in quality from the loss of Sanchez and potentially Ozil by bringing in players at the same age. We need plenty of players (Welbeck and/or Walcott replacement, Cazorla/Coquelin replacement, potentially a Ramsey replacement and we should be upgrading Xhaka and maybe even Bellerin and we could use a CB).

Having to go and be at the mercy of the market searching for Sanchez and Ozil replacements at a perfect age when we don’t have any top players and we’re not in the CL and nowhere near competitive in the league on top of all that other business we should be looking to do would just be pointless.

If these two deals come off they should come out of this season’s budget and our net spend is currently something like minus £50m so this could end up costing us something like £0m this year. I just really can’t see the problem.

We could easily fit some younger players around these older ones and as time goes on evolve and replace as necessary.

8 Likes

1 Like

Mkhitaryan signing make sense. Not sure why it gets all the hate. I think Ozil is gone (what the fuck does Alan Smith know). With Henrikh we have an attacking midfielder for a couple of years and room in the squad to add at least one young winger for the future (Welbz needs to go). He is good enough of a player to compete for top four whilst having room too build towards the future.

This makes total sense regarding Auba because he is genuinely a top-level player.

What’s the evidence that Mkhi is anywhere near that kind of player? One amazing season at Dortmund three yeas ago when the team around him was perfect for his skill set? And he is at an age when attacking players generally get worse, not better.

I just can’t see the argument that Arsenal would be better off giving Mkhi a huge contract instead of taking the money from the Sanchez transfer and buying a young talented player like Malcom.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anyone say we shouldn’t buy a young forward regardless of Mkhitaryan.

1 Like

To a lesser extent, but likewise. I’m not talking about shagging and BPM. I was making a relatively serious point about the power balance between players and their agents lol

1 Like

And the reason most top players have “super agents” is because of their reputations in the game i.e. ability to get them to the top clubs and negotiate fantastic remuneration packages for their clients.

Raiola has a roster of top players on his books, and I suspect if you’re a club who treats him with disrespect then he could threaten to block you from going anywhere near his other clients who will also be top players.

Unfortunately agents like him wield a lot of power in today’s game. The players themselves buy into it and between the two of them, they can pretty much bully clubs and get whatever the fuck they want.

1 Like

Like it’s supposed too. Let’s not forget players have to take on multimillion cooperations who don’t have their best interest at hart. Nothing wrong with ‘strong’ people like Raiola guiding them. We don’t need to feel for clubs.

1 Like

I’ll fucking feel for them when it’s my club and we have to pay some agent £10m lol

1 Like

Raiola is so full of shit :joy:

https://twitter.com/GlauberBerty/status/954382765650251776