January Transfer window thread

Sorry, we need a big signing. Auba is one of them. You can still have a Giroud poster :coq:

No.

Thanks for clarifying :+1:

5 Likes

Apart from joke, Chelsea could try to swap Auba and Bat.

Or you could wait for us to draw Dortmund in the Europa League or Emirates Cup.

https://twitter.com/AFCAMDEN/status/954066725070401536

This could be the greatest January ever. Apart from Jonny Evans :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I think I read today that Alan Pardew has said no club has made contact about Evans. Porbably shouldn’t take what he says at face value, mind.

I want us to sign Evans. Just to make @Castiel happy.

8 Likes

If no one has made contact why say anything.
Sounds like a “come and get him” to all the big clubs that need a CB.
Maybe he needs money to strengthen, but has been told he must sell before he can buy.

1 Like

Evans is better than nothing, I’ll take him Kosc and Mustafi in a back three.

2 Likes

Evans is a good player that doesn’t have that star name quality which leads to him being looked down upon like some kind of bum. He’s not my ideal signing but he’s consistent, can play a passing game and has played for a big club before.

Pep wouldn’t be looking to sign a scrub.

2 Likes

You’re probably right. He also mentioned he won’t sell late on in the window, so I guess he’s putting him in the shop window haha.

1 Like

I’d prefer a bit more a ball player like Smalling.

You always ask this question and it annoys me. Are you telling me in your version of the events that have transpired, you think that Pardew called a press conference and invited all the media to announce that nobody has made an inquiry about Evans? No, there are rumors about Evans being transfered. While the media get an opportunity to ask questions of a manager, mentioning possible transfers is part of their responsibilities. How would you like a manager to answer those questions?

1 Like

I don’t think Smalling is a genuine ball playing CB tbh.

I remember when Smalling went to Man U and they outbid us after Wenger thought he was coming here, and one of the reasons was after him was because he was more than just a defender.
He had pace and was fairly good on the ball.
He might not be as good as Ferdinand but I still think he looks fairly comfortable on the ball.

Smalling is a donkey on the ball. Really uncomfortable.

From Andy Carroll to Peter Crouch :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Nah Conte must be doing this to piss off Chelsea fans now. Well played, Conte!

2 Likes