January Transfer window thread

Liverpool might be selling one of their best players to Barcelona but they are going to get one of the best CB’s in Europe, as well as another very good midfielder and possibly Mahrez.

We have never replaced any of our best, outgoing players, with players of similar quality.
Imagine being a Liverpool supporter and having the excitement of seeing some of the best players in Europe being bought by your club like, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Chamberlain, VVD etc.

When was the last time we had an exciting window that actually had world class players coming in, without our best players leaving, or when we actually showed any real intent an ambition in the transfer market?

Our club has needed a massive lift for several seasons and all we get are the same dreary, predictable windows, while all our rivals see exciting, top quality players arrive, while all ours leave to join ambitious clubs.

We have needed to buy top class players for the last few seasons and all we have managed to do is drive out the only few top quality players we have.

Next season we will have none, and two out of the last three windows we have had a net spend of nothing.
That tells you everything you need to know about the complete lack of ambition Wenger and the board have.

1 Like

Liverpool are also now favourites to sign Lemar.

If this time last year, you had told Liverpool fans that they’d be getting VVD, Keita, Salah, Lemar and Mahrez but would lose their best player to Barcelona they would probably have bitten your hand off.

I don’t expect them to get Lemar, but would still be very good business all round. Certainly better than what we have done/are likely to do.

8 Likes

But we have Theo!!!

2 Likes

But they have Ox, instead of Mahrez & Lemar.

They have like 30 loaness and pay 15M for a squad/rotation player. Makes no sense.

1 Like

142M wow fair play to Liverpool getting the price they want.

Mahrez and or Lemar going to Anfield then

1 Like

Feel like Liverpool are on the better end of this deal, they’ve pretty much paid for Naby Keita & VVD by selling Coutinho.

This

8 Likes

Yeah I kinda agree with this. I mean, Coutinho will be a great player for Barça. He’ll suit their style of play so well, plus they REALLY need more tactical options which he’ll give them.

Liverpool have spent the money really well though (for once), even more so if Mahrez joins them

1 Like

Wish market was this inflated when our players were being courted by clubs.

Based on what? Just because Wenger is our manager? They have already spent most of Coutinho’s money on VVD, tbh.

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Mahrez link was from L’equipe I think so it’s probably not true, my guess is they’ll look for another midfielder and possibly a goalkeeper now.

1 Like

Could almost buy a whole team of Ross Barkleys with that money :grin: Crazy times.

Seen a few fans on Twitter calling him a snake - harsh IMO. He has been nothing but professional this season. And actually, they have the better deal here.

1 Like

Ah fair enough. Thought the link was a bit more substantial. It makes sense for them to go in for him though if I’m honest, he’s a decent replacement for Coutinho

Come again?

They were, but we chose to run their contract down rather than take the money.

1 Like

He will be a more than decent player for them.

Time for arsenal to get Denis Suarez and Gerard Delofeu.

Wish we had a player worth that much