January Transfer window thread

No they wouldn’t have as everyone already knows they are quality, which is probably the exact reason they won’t be signing for Arsenal.

2 Likes

Indeed. It was said in 2015 Arsenal was in for Fekir and last season we were, supposedly, in for Seri after his move too Barcelona collapsed. Recycling shit for the clicks indeed.

1 Like

Sami Mokabel is one of the better Arsenal journalists.

Sounds good we at least have a plan

1 Like

Fekir is going to be 60+ million next summer. I was very suprised Arsenal wanted to go to those lengths for Lemar last summer (if that rumour was true). I doubt they will go that high for a player again, especially with all the players we probably need to replace.

1 Like

If anyone says they are an ITK, and then predicts we are going to spend big, then that automatically proves that they aren’t an ITK.

Wenger never plans for a transfer window, he just reacts to what happens around him, and picks up a bargain rather than having a plan or structure.

Hahahaha… “we have a plan…”

Hahaha :rofl:

1 Like

If Arsenal brought in this top talent evaluator from Dortmund, why would we not assume we are going to start chasing the targets he wants? Makes sense to me that we’d start puting his plan into place.

3 Likes

With some changes that have been made, I don’t why others think there is no plan.

2 Likes

the bloke from barca as well, i am just wondering who they are potentially looking at for a manager maybe one of Barcas old ones?

Because Wenger is still at this club and somebody needed to replace Steve Rowley :wink:.

No, I’m curious too if we are going to see a certain pattern and will discover something we build towards in our transferdealings or we are just going to look for replacements of Sanchez/Ozil and be reactive.

1 Like

The absolute biggest necessity is to get rid of Wenger. Until that is done - no matter what happens behind the scenes - the results or performances on the pitch will not change drastically.

9 Likes

By no means is he leaving the next manager a squad that needs a few tweaks to compete for the league/CL either. Big players on the verge of leaving and a squad littered with players that would rather not be here or who are simply not being utilised accordingly.

There really seems to be no ‘end-game’ scenario drawn out by Arsene and it really feels like he’s simply taking it season-by-season at the moment and seeing if the results differ. Stale is where it’s at.

1 Like

That’s why it so important too invest heavily in younger players so that his successor has something to build on. BVB/Mislintat have a decent track record of doing so, but we don’t know what Wenger wants.

I remember people moaning that all Wenger did was sign little technical players that are good at passing. I now really miss those days when our manager had a plan and style. Since we signed Ozil, I can’t recall a signing in the mould of Rosicky, Nasri, Hleb, Cazorla etc.

That’s why so many of us are Team Iwobi. He’s not the greatest but he’s the closest to a Wenger style of player we’ve come up with.

4 Likes

I will Be amazed if he can perform as Alexis did at his first season here.
He is good but still looks a little raw and needs to prove himself in Europe a little longer.

He might become a Renato sanchez, Drenthe or Islam feruz if he makes his move way too early.

Always nice to be name dropped :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think he’s just being polite when mentioning us.
He would only come here if none of the other top European clubs wanted him and Wenger got him at a bargain price.
This calibre of player won’t come here, and even if he did, Wenger and the board haven’t got the ambition to pay what it takes to get him.

1 Like

You can get quality even at a cheap price, tbh. We should be looking at someone like Suso or Insigne.

Even if both Alexis and Özil leave I don’t see us bringing someone in this January. There will be the usual boring rumours of Lemar again. Walcott would want to leave if he’s to make the England squad next summer. But I’m sure Wenger will convince him to stay to fill the shoes of Alexis. Hurray.

1 Like

I dont think we will bring anyone in this January either.

We will buy 4 or 5 players in the summer though with the help of our new backroom staff to plug the holes of leaving and aged players in our team.

2 Likes