January Transfer window thread

It’s not.

and you know that how?

Source is shit and doesn’t even say what the Express says it does.

ok that’s two gifs in a day, need to cool my jets here. No but I was thinking the same thing and the question is a good one, he is something like a defensive/deep lying playmaker, something like a defensive midfielder who can both pick a pass and drive the ball forward a bit. Not too much unlike Casemiro when he is in form I guess. But he is good enough to just play a regular CM as well if that is what is asked of him I think.

So on your question, since we don’t have anyone like that he can’t replace like for like (Coq would be closest?). I guess he sits a bit behind another midfielder in a 2-man pairing, but it is weird if it is Xhaka since he is somewhat in the same mould :thinking: Changing the topic slightly, I’d prefer to see N’Zonzi in a more clearly defined defensive role and partnered by either Jack Wilshere who can drive forward freely or stay high up if N’Zonzi can deliver the ball up there himself, or maybe Ramsey can be allowed to roam freely like he does so well for Wales. Hm.

1 Like

Can’t wait to a Xhaka-Nzonzi midfield

I thought the whole point was getting Xhaka OUT of our midfield

2 Likes

:xhaka:

The source is piss poor. The only way this happens is either Ozil is off and we intend on playing Ramsey, Xhaka and Nzonzi or if we’ve benching Xhaka.

A summary of transfer speculations:

http://footyroom.com/lemix/united-superstar-rejects-new-contract-98180

Seems chelsea wants Lemar.

Kike Marin’s tweets always translate weird, I’m not sure if he’s doing it on purpose by being cryptic or Twitter translate just sucks.

Lozano is having a fire season at PSV but then again it’s Eredivisie, would be an interesting choice as 10 goals in 14 apps as a 22 year old is nothing to sniff at.

He was on United’s radar for time.

That’s not cryptic at all so I guess twitter translate sucks?

I think we should be targetting VVD, Malang Sarr, Ricardo Pereira, Steven N’zonzi, Johnathan Tah, Nabil Fekir and Draxler.

1 Like

Wenger is gonna have a stroke if he has to buy all these players.

2 Likes

6 Likes

It’s the Daily Mail, but i tend believe them on Shitez. He just doesn’t care anymore.

1 Like

All of that just sounds like click baity fluff

1 Like

If anyone thinks Wenger is going to start splashing the cash, they are wrong.
There is more chance of us making a profit in the window than spending.

Wenger is an absolute joke in the transfer market.

3 Likes

I hope not because that is some legit recruitment if we get Fekir and Seri. Those scouts would have already earned whatever we pay them.

1 Like

ITK’s starting early this season, hungry for followers