January Transfer window thread

listened to some Swedish journalists/experts chat about it for a while, they concluded that it probably wasn’t a smart move since he needs play time and is not guaranteed to play at United, at least centrally. But we’ll see, it’s hard to say no to a supposed top club. Watched an interview with him from his home in Benfica around the EUROs, he gave the “this is my home, I love it here” speech. We’ll see. He’s suprisingly modern for a Swedish defender, he has that going for him.

1 Like

I don’t know why we have signed many young GKs in the last three years and we are still searching in the same role when our U18 and U21 have big loss on defense and on midfield.

Just looked him up and come across this quote: “However, the north London outfit could come up against competition from Liverpool for Hubert, with their title rivals also keen on the highly-rated star.”

If Liverpool rate him then he’s probably dross!

:neutral_face:

Liverpool have a better midfield than us lol.

I was more referring to their current goalkeeping crisis and recent history of signing GKs who are just, I’ll be polite, not very good.

1 Like

FFS.

1 Like

Lol we get linked to a no-mark goalkeeper while they get James!

And the money he always brings in from shirt sales, Chelsea will recoup the money within days. Great signing.

They’ve probably been wanting to sell James and buy another galactico (they haven’t in a while, what happened to Florentino’s one a year?, oh right, the fax machine broke down on De Gea) for a while but didn’t until they knew they were allowed to buy a new one.

Not convinced James is all that tbh.

Then again I’m an Arsenal fan and we have Theo Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain on our wings, so fuck what I think.

3 Likes

Another Elneny. Cheap option to have.

Watching a player 5 times is not that much.

1 Like

I thought that I had read somewhere that the sale of footy jerseys didn’t amount to much. Then I read this.

“When a club buy a big name player it can dramatically increase the shirt sales, like for example James Rodriguez who singed for Real Madrid in the summer of 2014 after stunning world cup and it is believed that Real Madrid managed to recoup third of his transfer fee within few weeks through his shirt sales.”

“Sanchez of Arsenal was another big name signings in summer transfer window who’s shirt was sold 13% of total premier league shirt sales.”

Anyway, back on topic.
I’m taking a wild stab at our winter trannie window.
We shall have a few ‘new’ signings. Word is Welbeck, Cazorla and BFG.

You read it here first.

Yeah, perhaps I exaggerated a bit with “recoup the money in days” but James is popular. I read somewhere a month or so ago that his shirt sales were second only to Ronaldo (obvs). I’m guessing it’s thanks to Latin America.

But anyway, I’d take him. Mind you, I’d take almost anyone :smile:

I really enjoyed Chelsea being a non entity last season. Amazing how quickly they’ve turned back into a team again.

Payet is fluttering his eyelashes at us again.

Great player but minimal resale value and can’t see Wenger interested in the money that West Ham will demand.

1 Like

No they won’t.

Oscar going to China is paying for it :wink:

1 Like

They couldn’t possibly know this. How many shops and websites sell shirts and who compiles the stats on such a thing? Also selling shirts doesn’t equate to the club getting money necessarily.

Yeah I did say underneath that that was an exaggeration… I know they won’t really.