January Transfer window thread

Aren’t we trying to get Bellotti??

Is this even important? If a player is available who is better than the options you currently have then it would be a decent buy. “Sorry, we don’t want you because we have Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jeff Reine-Adelaide and Aaron sodding Ramsey” :facepalm:

3 Likes

lol i know, i wouldnt mind Payet here though as long as it is not stupid money that could very well go to getting a big name maybe in the summer (if that is even possible)

1 Like

Because Payet is inconsistent, unprofessional and completely unproven playing for a top club. He’s 30 years old and would cost upwards of 30m. This signing literally makes no sense. West Ham already turned down a bid in the mid 20s from Marseille.

1 Like

This only works if said player had some kind of agreement in place or was in good faith with the selling club and doesn’t hold much worth if he goes on to force his way out. If a player commits to a contract at West Ham that binds him deep into his 30s without having any assurance to leave I really doubt that the idea was to have one last big contract at a CL club.

Im torn. I know you are right. But, i want it all the same.

2 Likes

Can’t believe people want Payet tbh.

1 Like

I wouldn’t start him on the wing ahead of welbeck, wallcot or Perez personally and wouldn’t want to block iwobis progression by signing payet

I can’t believe people don’t want him.

1 Like

Toral loan to Rangers confirmed

He’s clearly a better footballer than all those players you mention, why i’d probably not sign him though is he’s nearly 30 and would cost a lot for a player of his age.

:disappointed: Really wanted to see this go through, a fully fit & in form Fekir with Lacazette & Depay would have been amazing for Lyon, few clubs would have a better front 3.

1 Like

@Burgundy

Low down on him please !

I keep being persuaded this way and that by the Payet transfer, y’all need to stop making me feel dizzy. :weary:

Looks like it’s being taken out of our hands anyway if it’s a family issue and he wants a Marseille reunion. I think on the balance of things, i’m NO TO PAYET anyway tho.

I don’t think Payet is an elite player, but we aren’t going to get one of those anyway, but he is certainly a player that could have the same impact as when we bought Arshavin, and could be the difference between a CL place or not.

When Arshavin came in, he wasn’t an elite player but the lift it gave the club and supporters was one of the main reasons we got a top four place.

This side we have has gone stale, we really need a lift, and perhaps Payet is the player to do it.

The question isn’t whether he’s elite it’s would he be an upgrade on what we have? The answer is a resounding yes.

Our wide options are upgradeable and even if you’re a side that just won the title if you can upgrade you’re supposed to do so, the league is getting tougher every year.

With that said seems he is disillusioned with life here so any chances of this happening are as dead as a dodo.

Very good DM imo, physically dominant, strong in duels and a good ball carrier. Technique is fine, he’s quite good at making himself available and he’s a reasonably good passer but not to an extent where It can be listed as a strength.

But he’s not needed and Le10Sport are full of shit :smile:

2 Likes

Why isn’t he needed is he too similar to Coq?