January Transfer window thread

He’s not as good as Cech or Ospina so wouldn’t even be on the bench. Pointless buy imo. Unless one of them leave he will be third choice

Weird signing, but welcome to Arsenal I guess!

The article says he would be loaned back to Sunderland. I expect Ospina to leave in the summer anyway. That would make him second choice next season with a serious outlook on Cech’s spot since his age.

hm. What’s wrong with Emi Martinez?

Pickford is definitely one for the future. We don’t need him right now, but if we don’t go in for him someone else will. Worth a punt I think, can always go on loan for a couple of years. Cech isn’t getting any younger!

Lloris makes plenty of mistakes, he’s not even the 2nd best keeper in the league.

De Gea is currently the best little question in that.

2 Likes

Who do you think is number 2 then? For me Lloris and De Gea are 1 and 2.

Courtois is #2 for me, no issue with Lloris as #3 though.

He’s barely fucking championship level for a start.

Signing players for the future, even if only with a view to resell for profit down the line, is always a good move.

Hmmm will need to see more of Courtois to be convinced of that. He has a good defence in front of him this season so hasn’t been called upon all that much to rescue Chelsea. Last year he showed that when the going gets tough he can’t be relied upon.

What is it with Wenger and midget goalkeepers?

Practically the whole Chelsea team was ass cheeks last season lol.

Courtois looks to be back to his best or near enough, his time at Atletico cements his status as one of the best in the world, last season was just a blip IMO.

I know, but that’s my point - he was obviously called upon a lot more last season than he is being this season and most of the time he failed. And so this season, I don’t know if he just looks good because he hasn’t had to do much?!

20-year-old non-league left back is on trial at the club.

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2016/12/cohen-bramall-update

Jenkinson & Sanogo. Those non-/lower league players are shit going of these two.

Good to see we’re showing ambition in the January window :wink:

1 Like

Look man! Everton are set to sign someone

1 Like

Mola mucho el fichaje :rosicky::woj::giroud::arteta::arteta:

1 Like

I have seen Lookman two years ago. He was really impressive, a little but powerful winger. 10M probably now are too high for a Championship player but not in the future. Lookman, Deulofeu, Bolasie and Mirallas are all very good wingers.

I think none of them reach the level above good if I’m honest. Very good is a stretch for any of them.

1 Like