Jack Wilshere

They probably train on actual grass rather than all that rubber shit we’ve got at Colney.

Maybe they are more patient with him? I think he wasn’t starting immediately for them and they build his fitness up. We had a lot of double injures and players needed to be rushed back etc.

Questions probably need to be ask about how we deal with injuries though. Look at Cesc too for example. With us he was an injury mess for the last three seasons and with Barcelona and Chelsea he hasn’t played less than 30 league games each season.

I was thinking the same thing.
I’ve noticed, when he plays for Bournemouth he doesn’t seem quite as rash with his tackles, and plays a more considered game.
So maybe Eddie Howe plays Wilshere to his strengths without the all action tackling he is well known for.
I hope he comes back to us because he is the best of our home grown players, and his winning attitude is exactly what we need.

1 Like

Sigh. Now watch Wilshere get injured next weekend.

4 Likes

My man. Good work.

Excellent. Pretty much what I expected.

Stats wise, it doesn’t look like he offers a lot on paper however he must be doing something to influence the team, from a fans’ pov. Similar to Özil this season; not as many direct assists as you would expect from him although he seems to make the pre assist very often, influencing from afar.

If there was a voting, It was perhaps hiJACKed by Arsenal fans.

4 Likes

Wil I’m not so Shere about that @Trion.

2 Likes

Just went through their twitter account:

ah… :grimacing:

6 Likes

Really need to restart the post of the year vote including these two punilicious jewels, tbh.

2 Likes

Apparently they get him to do hardly any training in order for him to not get over trained and get re-injured. Forget where I read that now.

From a brief google search, that was a quote from Eddie Howe at the start of the season while he was still bedding in. Can’t find anything that says he still doesn’t train.

The Paul McGrath method.

I remember when he was at Aston Villa, he didn’t have to train like the rest of the players, because of his knees, he only had to play in matches, but he spent most of his spare time getting drunk.
How he was still such a good player is amazing.

Along with Stuart Pearce, he was probably one of the hardest players around then.

If you’re Wilshere, you want to be using the Ozil contract uncertainty to add a few extra bitcoins to your own contract negotiations.

If we’re forced to sell Ozil abroad and Cazorla becomes injury-plagued at 30+, then Wilshere is suddenly our golden ticket

Till he gets insta-injured 3 days after the window slams shut.

1 Like

As much as I like Wilshere as a player and want him to do well, he is almost at Rosicky or Diaby levels of being injured.
If we are going to replace Cazorla, which Wenger will have to do, I’m not sure Wilshere is up to being such a key player that can be relied on for his fitness, playing regularly in the first team.

2 Likes

Does the things that don’t get any credit. All he has to do is continue what he’s doing and stay fit.

1 Like