Jack Wilshere

If Ramsey went to Bournemouth he’d be doing the same.

1 Like

Yeh I think it’s about time Wenger thought about buying a genuine natural successor to Santi.

1 Like

He’s probably already the same size of Santi.

2 Likes

Difference is he’s not been injury plagued to Diaby-esque levels.

Jack still has a place here whereas Ramsey is the definition of surplus.

As a like to like Santi replacement or just a new entity in midfield?
Dahoud is more like Cesc than Santi.

It’s walking a tightrope, but still too early for me yet.

I’d give Wilshere another month of games, start developing some other options in the background and if things are still looking good, start the charm offensive in the early part of the new year.

I think he could be persuaded fairly late in the day to sign on again with us, even if it takes Cazorla walking on a free to entice him back into the fold.

Bellerin’s in the bag, Koscielny too (this one’s not as sensational, just an extra year extension to his previous deal ending in 2019 by my maths) so Wilshere may well be influenced by the Ozil/Sanchez chatter throughout next spring.

Nah he’s more like Santi IMO but still offers something different to him as well.

His game is based off collecting the ball from deep, initiating attacks, working incredibly hard off the ball whilst Fabregas is both allergic to defending and has a lackluster work rate hence why he can’t buy a start for Chelsea.

The likes of Conte, Klopp, Pochettino et al would love a player like Dahoud because he matches his technical ability with his engine.

2 Likes

Surprised how he didn’t get picked up, given Renato Sanches went for so much for half a season.
Especially since he has some release clause in his contract.

Yeah it’s a strange one, I definitely rate Dahoud over Sanches, can’t see how he stays at Gladbach come end of the season.

He’s like a young Gundogan and I’d love him here perfect successor for Santi.

Some players choose for their (a slower) development unlike others. Players like Sanches, and probably a Martial too, should not have made the step so soon, but it is what it is.

Actually Dahoud wanted to leave as well as per reports and hence he is frozen out from their squad most of the time this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0YezghMG7o

1 Like

Man whenever I see the little dozer’s low centre of gravity I remember how much I love the kid. If he can just stay fit and add some wisdom into what he does after he makes those patented dashes he could still be absolutely immense for us, no doubt in my mind.

I would love it if a player who has been here since he was 9yo, with his fighting spirit, earned a role as a central cog in our team through becoming quality. He’d need to stay whole for at least a couple of seasons to bring my faith back in his health though lol

1 Like

With every passing game unlike Ramsey it’s clear his future lies here, he looks very fit and in terms of how he’s playing he’s doing everything right.

Loving the job Bournemouth are doing with him so far, I wouldn’t take Howe as Wengers replacement at least not at this point in his career, however, I’ll be an long term fan if Jack’s season continues to develop like this.

He isn’t improving his quality, he is the same player. When he is fit, he is a very good player, but do we need him with Cazorla (and can’t be his replacement because of different qualities and football style), Xhaka, Elneny and Ramsey (he is playing poorly but Wenger loves him)?

Imagine the passion and spirit of a coquelin and Wilshere duo, man that would be a thing to behold

3 Likes

His quality isn’t the problem it’s his fitness, a pivot of Jack/Xhaka could work fitness permitting.

He can still improve quite a bit but it’ll be under a different manager.

I just wonder how he doesn’t seem to be so easily crocked since he’s been with Bournemouth.

1 Like