Jack Wilshere

:muscle: :clipboard: :writing_hand:

4 Likes

Good for Bournemouth.

Good for super jack!

1 Like

The only thing putting me off him is that he left when Wenger didn’t want him to. Unless he improves his overall midfield game or Ozil packs his bags he’s still not a starter, so if hes unwilling to be benchlife then I’m not sure he really has a place here.

Would slot into Cazorla’s role quite nicely imo. Great range of passing on him too.

He’s not a #10 so Özil isn’t an issue, he’s demonstrated he can excel in the DLP position like when he put in six MOTM performances for England in seven games or he can be utilised as a b2b player.

Fitness permitting he could form quite a partnership with Xhaka, I think there’s still upside to Jack but it will need to be under a new manager.

As far as CM’s go it’s Ramsey destined to ride the bench for the foreseeable future and not Jack IMO.

I’d sell Ramsey in a heartbeat if a fully fit Jack can make it here. Our system just doesn’t seem to work for Rambo these days, though I don’t doubt he is a quality player. Sell him to Barca or wherever he thinks he can make it and buy a quality winger for the right hand side.

Selling Ramsey for the fully fit Wilshere that has been playing for Bournemouth would weaken our squad.

2 Likes

How so?

Jack can play in a variety of positions and fitness permitting he suits the team as it is unlike Ramsey, so I can’t agree it would weaken the squad.

I don’t think Jack is a no 10 so I think Ozil is irrelevant. Jack really provides nothing in terms of goals or assists so I would want him as part of the forward 4.

Do you have anything to back this up? I remember plenty of goals and assists when he’s actually fit.

DLP or RW for me.

Yeah the stats throughout his career.

1 Like

All games, All clubs + England (tourneys. No international friendlies)

155 games 10663 mins 11 goals 16 assists.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/42686/History/Jack-Wilshere

1 Like

2 goals of the season if I remember rightly?

He’s got more yellow cards than goal contributions. :smiley:

2 Likes

Sign of a proper world class anchor. English Xabi. But better.

So I’d say if your a no 10 thats would mean you provide nothing in terms of goals and assists with that record.

1 Like

The only way Jack Wilshere was/is/will be a ‘no. 10’ is by the number on the back of his shirt.

4 Likes

National Team Jack is a world class quartista. Thanks.

Iceland may beg to differ with you on that one.