Jack Wilshere

Still does not have a goal or an assist for the season.

1 Like

How has he actually been playing?

Doesnā€™t matter if you that isnā€™t the role heā€™s supposed to be playing for them.

From what Iā€™ve heard from Bournemouth fans they love and think heā€™s really important to their team
The people that criticise him the most are the people that donā€™t watch the Bournemouth games haha

Through no fault of his own on the assist front, has put some peachy balls in only for the person on the end of it to blow the chance, I think even today he set Afrobe off with a great pass all he had to do is get past one man and he was through on goal but he couldnā€™t manage it.

Heā€™s had a few chances here and there that he should have done better with but itā€™s clear he is improving game by game.

Today was his third consecutive 90min game, things are going well for him.

6 Likes

Heā€™s been playing the no 10 role in a few games I have watched so yes Goals and or assists are part of the role in that position.

True. Is there any wider point youā€™re trying to make here or is that just the usual passing comment?

Probably the point Iā€™m trying to make is that if you look at Jacks career as a whole in terms of goals and assists its highly debatable as to if he has the end product to be a starter for a top top club even if he is healthy.

i think he is a waste of squad space really, started well and went backwardsā€¦he and ramsey we can do far better than, even as backup.

2 Likes

My response to that perspective is that end product is not defined purely as goals and assists in Jackā€™s role at Arsenal or even Bournemouth.

Jack has played largely as a deep-lying playmaker and peripheral wide-midfielder. Heā€™s an intelligent player, with decisive movement and timing. Both of those roles require a lot more than goals and assists. When he played behind the striker, he perhaps showed he may just not be at that elite level for that position on those occasions. That doesnā€™t rule out his usefulness in other positions though.

Yes we would like to see more penetration from him in the final third and better decision making. But there are enough examples of his goals, assists, pre-assists, take ons, vision, aggression and incisiveness to suggest he has all the attributes to be a valuable player at a top club. He needs tuning but that can only come with fitness and games. Who knows how much potential he has already lost?

We simply havenā€™t seen enough of him though. Thatā€™s really the only thing in true question. The question marks about his goals and assists are based on a sample size thatā€™s unfortunately very small. That is the only reason Jack Wilshere is not in the Arsenal squad right now.

9 Likes

Jackā€™s getting called up to the England squad, hopefully this wonā€™t end in tears.

1 Like

Heā€™s put it on a plate for others. Not his fault for poor finishing.

They should have just left him at home. It makes no difference if heā€™s in the team now or not and an extended break would certainly do him better than playing better friendlies for England.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he was recalled in january. He is clearly not working at Bournemouth.

Heā€™s desperate to be involved in the England team, being left out is probably the #1 factor he decided to go on loan. If itā€™s that important to him it certainly makes a difference.

?? Heā€™s playing every game lol

What makes you think that Luca? I was of the impression he was doing well.

Heā€™s desperate to save his career and leaving out one call up at the end of the year isnā€™t going to ruin him. Much rather have him involved at the beginning of next year after putting together enough performances than putting more work load on him now.

1 Like

I agree, I really canā€™t see what the rush is, England will always be there and wonā€™t be forgetting him in a hurry. Bournemouth have fostered a great atmosphere for him to rehab his body and get him back to a consistent level of play. Taking a chance on an England call up when internationals are notorious for fucking players over is a massive risk even more so for someone like Jack.

I hope he sees as little game time as possible since as you said a little break wouldā€™ve been much better for him.

Still no assist for him and everytime i watch him he looks average to me.

2 Likes

His time at Bournemouth isnā€™t about numbers itā€™s simply about proving he can hack it physically in the league to come back and play for us, for me his quality isnā€™t in question whatsoever.

To put it into context in the PL Jack has only played 90 minutes on 3 occasions in 8 appearances and yet he has created 15 chances, Ɩzil has created 21 in 9 appearances and Hazard 20 in 11 appearances. Therefore itā€™s very clear that if Jack were playing in a top team I have no doubt he would have racked up some assists by now.

This loan is the best thing thatā€™s happened to him for a long time and things are going well for him.

3 Likes