I fancy a Champions League run

Bayern are shit like us atm.

No Bayern are still top of the league so not like us. Bayern will also likely lift a level or 2 in CL as domestically it must get boring for them at times.

They are so bored of their league they have Leipzing breathing down their neck. Just go to a Bayern forum and read what they think about Ancelotti.

Bayern will win the League.

Of course, but they are not going through a great spell.

Agreed they aren’t close to the level of the previous 4 seasons, but I still can’t see us causing them too much trouble.

7 wins and a draw in the last 8 league games. Is everyone still stuck in November or where does the idea of them being on poor form even come from.

1 Like

The way they play. They are unbeaten just because the Bundesliga doesn’t offer much competition.

Fortunately for them, neither do we

3 Likes

If we got a draw away it would be good. We can do it.

I guess we have a different definition of form then. Still I wouldn’t call their recent run really awful form as there are Bundesliga teams that will take points off them if it really was awful.

Yep, god knows what I was thinking about us doing something different for a change. We haven’t changed in years, no idea why anything would now. What a bunch of actual cunts.

11 Likes

Someone needs to give Wenger the football equivalent of Ferrel’s wooden gun until he learns some fucking responsibility.

4 Likes

Like a true cunt, I put money on us to win at work with some colleagues.

7 Likes

It didn’t.

@SRCJJ I admire the balls out position you consistently took with regards to this tie. God only knows what you were thinking though haha

1 Like

Honestly mate, I completely expected us to remain disciplined and keep a good shape throughout. I thought after the first half we would do that but we completely imploded and I didn’t think that would happen. Wenger actually set us up well in terms of the shape in the first half. The only thing I didn’t like was Welbeck not starting and Xhaka being thrown into a game like this after a 3 game ban. But once the second went in we tried to win the game and that is shocking game management. We should have played for the 1-1 or taken the 2-1 loss.

3 Likes

Suppose it’s time we realise it’s not 2006 any more where we can perform like a different beast in Europe when our domestic performances have been dire. These days form and organisation won’t shift overnight. Realism won this one and pipe dreams should take a back seat once and for all.

1 Like

Whats the bet we beat Bayern 3-0 at the Emirates?

Nah not this year. The game will be a low intensity affair with Bayern winning 2-1 IMO.

2-1 loss would’ve been a ‘good’ result, but that implosion was just unacceptable / unexplainable, surely not all down to Koscielny going off? :confused:

Even possibly if we’d stemmed it at 3-1, but then their 4th was bad luck with the deflection and the 5th just a total meltdown.

Wenger’s last European away tie at Arsenal quite possibly and in some ways a fitting way to bow out

2 Likes