I fancy a Champions League run

Mia San Fucked.

1 Like

Fuck I don’t care who we get, gotta beat the best to win the CL regardless.

I just want a team we haven’t played before whether it’s Leverkusen and Benfica or Real Madrid and Juventus.

It’s pretty obvious that we’ll draw Real Madrid.

I still think they’ll win their group. Bloody hope they do anyway!

Genuinely wouldn’t mind Madrid. Even if we lost i would still like to play them.

Oh yeah lol I forgot!! Yeah hope they will. The only reason I said Madrid is because we haven’t been against them in the CL in so long. I don’t buy that it’s a random draw tbh. And we’ve already done the Bayern or Dortmund thing to death. The only interesting draw after that would be Real.

Mesut is gonna rip their sorry ass apart this time :ozil2:

So tonight…I not only have to hope Dortmund lose but that Real Madrid beat them?

3 Likes

I thought you are a Leipzig man now?

2 Likes

I dunno, I’m happy to take a non interesting draw v Leverkusen or Porto to be honest. Win that and we’ll have one of the more interesting big boys in the QF.

1 Like

Juventus would be decent. I think we could beat them over two legs and would be great to watch live!

Yeah but they’re almost definitely going to win their group too. Dinamo Zagreb haven’t got a single point!

We’ve managed to lose comfortably enough against PSV and Monaco, whilst being a shit Nicklas Bendtner touch away from beating Farcelona.

At Arsenal we’re no respecter of reputation and that’s why I don’t care whether we get a more ‘winnable’ tie or not.

See I don’t buy into this " It does not matter you gotta beat the best regardless" The draw plays a part because the longer you avoid them the less " best teams you have to face" also a chance they end up facing each other and knocking each other out.

I’d love to know the mathematictactical permutations, but I bet if someone wins the CL this year whose name isn’t Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Athletico Madrid, they won’t have achieved it without beating at least two of them enroute.

2 Likes

Yeah look you will likely still have to beat 2 of those sides, but you’d want it to be later e.g. one of them in the final. Its easier to beat a superior team over 90 minutes than it is over 180 minutes.

1 Like

Amen to that. Plus cup finals are damn exciting no matter who plays.

You look at Real Madrid’s side of the draw last year and Atletico Madrid’s.

Having an easier draw gave them a chance in the final. They had who, Schalke? Man City and Dortmund? Iirc

Atletico had Barcelona and Bayern, the 2 best teams in the world at that time imo. But they sill didn’t win because Real took their chance and won the final.

Id rather face worse teams because it gives you every chance to go as far as possible rather than having a great tie with a giant in the last 16 then losing out after going so close.

I feel like we have been there and done that.

1 Like

YES! My man! :sunglasses:

Also if we do get Porto again this year it would be nice to play them away with a strong team for once, seeing as my previous trips there have featured utter toss like Denilson (twice), Silvestre and Bendtner* representing my football club. Ok one of them was a matchday 6 dead rubber but still

*sorry Cristo :relaxed:

1 Like

Didn’t Bendtner get a hattrick in that game?