Hull City vs Arsenal (Premier League)

And thats why Xhaka should always been playing, guy has got it all!

1 Like

Xhaka is OP

4 Likes

Quite comfortable win. Finally. Xhaka is just a badass. He should always play. Heā€™s gonna be such a gem for us.

1 Like

Scrappy at times, but great result for us in the end. Was never worried about getting a result up at Hull today, we have a terrific record up there, and once again, put 4 past Hull in 2016.

Very much saw the best and worst in Alexis today. Heā€™s on great scoring form, but why oh why did he have to take the penalty, when we know Santi is the man for penalties?

What a goal for Xhaka though :o It must be frustrating not playing as much as heā€™d like, but his chance to start regularly will come soon. At least if he keeps getting goals like that!

Overall, great job lads, weā€™re moving up the table quickly :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Was going to have a bit of a moan about the way we didnā€™t really dominated 10 men for 45 minutes like we could/should, but those 2 late goals put more of the gloss on the scoreline. The way Xhaka scored that goal was almost nonchalant, a few of his teammates could do with a bit more of that about them.

Cech lucky not to get sent off? unless we want to be accused of double standards. Sloppy as fuck penalty to concede, hate giving away pens like that.

1 Like

Thought the result flattered us somewhat. We won by a nice margin but I canā€™t remember the last time Iā€™ve been so bored by a run of Arsenal games.

Is it me or does Alexis seem very miserable lately?

1 Like

Nice win! :slight_smile:

Alexis looking back to his best and a great goal from Granit!

1 Like

I only caught the last 25 mins and only catching up with the match news now. What a corker from Xhaka!

As a side note, a shred of optimism in the eye of the disjointed games weā€™ve played recently; Wenger puppeteering his players early in the season to find his most cohesive team. Iā€™ve no problem with this if indeed we actually see him field a proper line up eventually, weā€™ve been playing a months worth of league football now? he should be close to a certain formula he is fond of, preferably with no COqx in it I hope. I just want to see more Xhaka and more Iwobi from now on.

Wenger was right to choose Coquelin and Cazorla instead of Xhaka, playing aggressive and fast. We played very good, dominating since the start of the game. Masterclass performance by our midfield with Cazorla as defensive playmaker and Coquelin like Ringhio Gattuso. He was everywhere, is improving his pass capacity and is working hard to take the control of his aggressivity. Thanks to God ArsĆØne is the manager.

My personal man of the match, not mentioning an Alexis who has played a great game as striker, is Thierry IwobƬ. Two outstanding assist (one is much than a simple assist but a half-goal) plus an hard work to help Monreal differently than the experience at ParƬs.

Defensively we have had a good job, but I need to watch the game to understand better, the streaming didnā€™t helped me to be focused. Principally, I need to understand if the penalty conceded has been a mistake from the Ref or a mistake committed by Petr.

Iā€™m 100% statisfied and happy, especially after the goal scored by Granit. Finally we have a great squad with no difference between pitch & bench.

1 Like

As good as weve played so far. Playing against better opposition in midweek has probably helped us find this game a bit easier.
Important performance on a few levels this game. Give this one a pass in the acceptable catagory today.

Why all the dislike of Coquelin all of a sudden? Just because weā€™ve bought another player that plays in a similar position he should just be dropped? The guy has saved our ass a fair bit since coming back from loan and itā€™s only fair we show the same loyalty by not just fucking him off because someone with a Ā£35m price tag has come into the team.

9 Likes

Because heā€™s bang average and the whole point of signing Xhaka, one wouldā€™ve hoped, is to give us a proper midfield pairing of Xhaka-Cazorla. Unfortunately, Wenger doesnā€™t seem capable to pull off such a midfield.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad Xhaka scored, it will give more confidence and he can start matches rather than sitting on the bench.
Itā€™s nice to have a midfielder who isnā€™t worried about shooting.
Easy win, especially as they went down to ten men, but four goals away from home is a great result.

1 Like

Itā€™s a long ass season. There will be plenty of rotation going on. Iā€™m sure you will see your beloved partnership of Santi and Granit very soon, donā€™t worry lol.

2 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, as if Wenger were rotating right now. Given the current options, his preferred pair is Cazorla-Coquelin. Thatā€™s clear.

Arsene Wenger says heā€™ll have to have a chat with Santi Cazorla and Alexis Sanchez to find out why the Spaniard didnā€™t take the penalty Arsenal were awarded during todayā€™s 4-1 win over Hull.

Instead, Alexis Sanchez stepped up and missed, something which did cause the manager some consternation when Cazorla was the designated penalty taker (having already scored two this season).

ā€œSanti was down to take it,ā€ he told the BBC. ā€ donā€™t know why it did not happen, they have pecking order, it was not planned for Sanchez to take it.

ā€œI want to know what happened and for it not to happen again.

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/09/wenger-cazorla-should-have-taken-the-penalty/?utm_campaign=autotwitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Interesting. So Alexis just decided he wanted to take it lol

:wenger2: :sanchez2: :santi:

:facepalm:

4 Likes

ffs Sanchez, you didnā€™t even win the penalty.

Or maybe he wanted a hattrick.

I disagree, xhaka started against Watford and basically bossed the game, we dominated watford and were fast and aggressive. I feel hes exactly what we all hoped Wilshire would become.

Problem is, Coquelin is also a good player whos played really well. But I think Xhaka and coquelin are different players, yes their both good defensively and can play deep but Xhaka has excellent distribution and can definitely dictate play from deep. As good as Cazorla has been I would like to see a Xhaka/Coq partnership and maybe use Cazorla as a super sub if we need a little extra offensively, either that or rotate Ozil and Cazorla.