Hipster of the Year 2016

Clearly, Trion will win this easily.

Lol if you just kept ur mouth shut I doubt youā€™d be running away with the award mi amigo.

By the way now that Iā€™ve been nominated Iā€™m a little saddened Iā€™m getting destroyed so handily by Cuellarito, anything I can do to convince OA Iā€™m deserving and Iā€™m the true hipster? I can post a selfie of my curly mustache if that helps?? :henry2:

I would have voted for you, but sorry, me and Cuellar are longtime friends.

1 Like

Thanks for the nomination, what exactly is a hipster though?

a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.

Basically, @AbouCuellar :smile:

Really though, itā€™s not a bad thing, despite the banter that would suggest otherwise. This place would be dull as fuck if not for people with suggestions that a majority didnā€™t agree with.

5 Likes

[quote=ā€œPersona, post:13, topic:1010, full:trueā€]
I always thought hipster was someone who didnā€™t like stuff because it was popular. Which is not me. So I guess it has multiple meanings.
[/quote]I figured people nominated you because of your Germanness, which is unusual for an Englishman, hence Hipster :gunnersaurus:

Guess youā€™re right though, it has so many meanings. In any case, the right person looks like heā€™s going to win it :ozil2:

1 Like

Saw @Oliverā€™s latest profile pic.
Can we nominate now?

1 Like

This was never in doubt. Wear that Hipster tag with pride, Spanish Brian :poldi:

Voting Results

@AbouCuellar - 19 votes
@BigWeng_4LYFE - 6 votes
@Persona - 3 votes
@Burgundy - 2 votes
@Calum - 1 vote
@GunnerGirl - 1 vote
@lengooner - 1 vote
@Trion - 1 vote
@SRCJJ - 0 votes

6 Likes

This feels a lot like when Arsenal came in second but finished 10 points behind Leicester.

Oh BTW I think this award is a perfect replacement for Troll of the year tbh.

5 Likes

Just realized that since this award has been retired there will only ever be one OA hipster, itā€™s permanent :grin:

3 Likes

Hipster, a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.

1 Like