Granit Xhaka

He is good, but i still expect more from him he is very talented.

That article seems to me like a perfect example of stats not telling the whole story. Lots of passes but a lot of it sideways and back. He does have a great eye to pick out a penetrating pass, but against WBA he didnā€™t offer anymore than Elneny would have. And heā€™s not very good technically. Iā€™d even go as far as saying Coq is better with the ball at his feet than Xhaka.

2 Likes

Is it crazy of me to think that if weā€™d have got him from Liverpool that the real Xabi would still be here now?

I really hate to say it, but bar one or two halves and a few moments here or there, and I fully agree that his supposed skills are not being shown much at all so far. People bang on about Le Coqā€™s lack of technical skills, but he is showing more here than Xhaka so farā€¦ first touches, short passes gone awry dawdling on the ball and then putting himself under pressure needlesslyā€¦ he has shown some improvement to me in the last game, but has a long way to go to being a long-term solution imho.

2 Likes

Agreed. Xhaka is actuay like a worse Alex Song.

No doubt he will get better, but as it stands he really wasnt the savior i imagined him to be.

1 Like

Iā€™m just waiting for someone to call him the Swiss Joe Allen or a budget Charlie Adam.

3 Likes

Yeah.

1 Like

Heā€™d be sitting next to Guardiola in the duggout.

2 Likes

I agree that was crazy.

1 Like

He has a shot on him and can hopefully only improve !?

Very tidy game today. He was basically perfect. Just need to play to his strengths.

Yep, quality game.

1 Like

Solid game. Looked like a boss out there.

1 Like

Very solid performance hope he can build on it, put a quite a few quality balls forward and made a great block that would have resulted in a goal.

1 Like

Wenger said he could play as a b2b right? :wenger:

Yep - best game from him for me by a mileā€¦ his vision and passing range were finally on display and I thought he was excellent today.

Really strong game from Xhaka although he was up against Flamini and Cabaye, who appears to be allergic to running / tackling opposition players.

Canā€™t believe I once wanted him playing for The Arsenal

1 Like

So did Arsene. Our ā‚¬15 million offer got rejected. Thank fuck.

1 Like

Cabaye would have been a great signing for us a few seasons back. You put Alexis in that Palace team today and he ainā€™t doing shit.

His signing gone under the radar, world-class again.