Granit Xhaka

Xabi Alonso is definitive of what the perfect midfielder should be.

Thanks to his vision, his left foot is fantastic. Perfect with the take-ons, perfect with the passes (short and long) and when he needs to recover the ball. He seems really a carbon copy of Xabi Alonso.

So he played well today? I won’t be home in time for MoD too

We are really fucked if he gets injured. Any combination of elneny, Coquelin and Ramsey for a sustained period will kill our season.

8 Likes

Idno I think he was kind of poor for parts of the first half. Like the previous game he picked up in the second though and finished strong.

Not exactly maybe. But Alonso played with Busquets in 2010 and 2012. That’s a pairing of two DM’s and you could say a bit of a conservative midfield/pivot on it’s own, don’t you think?

Thanks. I’ll take that as hes still adjusting

Him and Le Coq bossed the midfield today.

The commentators were going way overboard on this one, desperate to talk it up as a deliberate elbow. I agree with Wenger, I wouldn’t even give something like that as a foul, as it was so clearly unintentional.

1 Like

Agreed, not his fault Joe Allen is a hobbit.

1 Like

Just a casual bit of cunting whilst collecting the ball back. Freemason, the jobbing little anorak wearing pie-bald jizz rack, doesn’t approve of such things apparently.

I don’t think that should have been a penalty but why was he making the same mistake later in second half.
The guy needs to grow up.

1 Like

He was in an awful position and didnt know what to do about it.
A forward will always see an oppertunity in that situation and took his chance.
It was a penalty for me all day.

Not getting enough criticism for being our second most useless player after Özil.

3 Likes

Isn’t believing in useless players your mantra?

You got up early to betray your core beliefs man.

Calling Xhaka useless doesn’t mitigate how poor Coqulein was also.

The whole team deserves blame, however, this “oh he was so much worse” achieves little.

Practically the whole team were comatose in that second half.

Is he really that good/bad?

I believe it is more about the manager than his actual abilities and performances.

I’m not sure who you are referring to but I know it’s not our goal scorer, Theo. He put in a shift, made the runs, scored our goal, and made a bigger impact than Özil.

Easy bru. You’re talking to the man who coined ‘better than KDB.’

2 Likes

He is just average. Or his lack of pace/athleticism/close control makes him average.

Bar his passing which is also not much consistent, he doesn’t excel in anything else.

1 Like