Granit Xhaka

Kante is an engine guy, I’m not convinced of his passing. I can just remember the annointing of the best DM in the league Matic a couple years ago and he disappeared. If we went by your standards then Aaron Ramsey is one of the greates midfielders ever cause he had that one year and he’s a quality quality footballer. Theo too for that matter.

Yeah sequitur… Kante had immense passing stats.

Ramsey had one wonderful year and then fell off a cliff. It happens sometimes. Kante may do the same.

Theo has 10 years with us, mostly trash. FFS your thinking is abominable.

Its true - we actually have depth, just not sure if we have that one top quality guy other than Cazorla and he is getting on in age and has his own set of injury problems.

Theo does what Theo does when fit. He’s got end product. He’s not going to start dribbling past ppl like Ronaldinho. Just how Kante isn’t going to start pinging balls over the top from 60 yards like Xhaka. I like Kante but he’s limited, of course since we don’t have him he’s god’s gift to football though my bad I forgot. Why’d you start with this sensationalism? I remember you being a very sensible poster before.

I never said he was god’s gift to football… talk about sensationalism… FFS he WAS basically the best player in the league by a LOT of expert’s standards and helped a team that had no business win the title. He was really, really good… did you actually watch them??? It was ONE season so who knows how the story will end… but with Theo, he has been with us 10 years, will turn 28 this year and there are very, very few actual football people who reckon he will turn into a solid, consistent contributor to a team like the Arsenal. It really isn’t that complicated.

2 Likes

Who said this? You didn’t used to act this way a4tt. Shame

1 Like

Yes a4tt always acted this…trolled everyone with a fake questioning Wenger schtick from the end of last season up until we bought these two top top quality players in Mustafi and Perez. He’s now back on the Wenger bandwagon but also has this “I love Theo” thing going on hoping that he comes good so he can shit all over everyone with that in about January.

I see you A4TT!

3 Likes

I find this hard to believe. Can you provide me with some links to see what these experts had to say? I watched them plenty btw and Kante can’t pass for shit so yeah he’s a maniac in winning the ball back after that he’s mediocre at best. Pretty telling that when it came down to the top level of football they stuck his ass on the bench at the Euros.

In regards to Theo, I have full faith that if injuries had not wrecked his career he’d have been a 15 goals and 10 assists guy on the wing for us for the past 5 years.

And you never used to call our manager a cunt or the players frauds, but you do now. I guess people change…shame.

Never did I call him a cunt. Twat or idiot is what I used. Reason I know this is because someone on the old forum accused me of this so I went through every post i made in Wenger thread and didn’t say that once so you can apologise for that one.

Some of our players are massive frauds though.

Ohhh you called him a twat? Well that’s completely different, I can’t imagine how I’d get those two confused!! My most sincerest apologies calum :surfer:

Haha true. Easy to forget that.

Nah one thing he didn’t have was immense passing stats, Xhaka’s leaps and bounds above in passing. Kante’s better pace, pressing and hence ball winning over Xhaka but passing:

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/n$golo_kanté/165/165/14999/315/p|bundesliga/2015/2016/granit_xhaka/169/169/2103/0/p#total_passes/total_forward_passes/pass_completion/avg_pass_length#avg

Fucking love this guys game, Xhaka’s genuinely one of the reasons I’m looking forward to watching us week in week out again, which sounds kinda strange cause we’ve got Özil, Mesut Özil and he was on flames last season but when our little midfield Maestro (Santi) got injured for 5months we literally had no one with the ability to pull the strings in the middle of the park & play those penetrating passes in between the lines and without that it fell like a chore watching us especially with the likes of Ramsey, Coquelin, Elneny & Flamini just recycling possession, circulating the ball with out ever really going any where, like they were just passing for the sake of passing at times it was painful and it lead to both Özil & Alexis dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball, never seen the balance of our team effected so badly by one injury, I rate Özil would of smashed Henry’s record if Santi stayed fit.

Can’t wait to see Özil, Alexis, Santi & Xhaka linking up again gonna be such a joy to watch.

5 Likes

True we lost a lot when Santi got injured.

Having those 4 in form all season will in itself secure Top4.

Need couple more elements to go our way for a brilliant season.

1 Like

So true. We haven’t looked like Arsenal for a long time largely due to not having enough Arsenal-esque players.

1 Like

Xhaka, Santi and Ozil are our best 3 in the middle by miles. Good variety of attributes in there and all capable of some serious ball retention.

In the context of that team (very much a classic counter team with the long-ball), his passing stats were very good. Ask anyone who watched the team or followed LC closely and they will tell you that. Kante had everything last year.

Personally having watched them a lot, his passing was definitely an asset - his main one? No, but like I said, he was widely considered MVP of the league.

Xhaka may end up being a better passer, but so far I haven’t seen it other than in the last game. I am definitely looking for him to be excellent in that facet and we will need it.

Well he’s only started two matches.

Play in the PL for one year -> proven
Play in the Bundesliga for 4 years -> unproven

Ah, how I love this whole argument.

9 Likes

That is all the data I have to go on =)