Granit Xhaka

No one writes millions worth of check with nothing in return.
No matter how much I myself admire Wenger, I won’t just blindly spend money for him.

The return would have been more value for their shares, obviously. Or prestige. Or whatever those rich fucks care about.

Yes it’s called sponsorship.
Emirates, Nike, Puma and other sponsors were there already doing what you suggested.

Yeah people tend to be funny when they don’t call you on your bullshit.

1 Like

To be fair, it is hard to argue that we pretty much just haven’t kept up with rising tide that has lifted all ships. Our sponsorships prior to recent were artificially depressed because we made long-term deal to secure reliable funding during the stadium years.

Even SwissRamble and his pretty CPA-centric view of things makes it clear that he hasn’t understood Arsenal’s conservatism in the market from a purely financial perspective - you risk your brand and risk not maximizing your ROI by being so conservative.

It is an interesting argument regardless and I certainly do respect the notion that Arsenal play within the financial restrictions but I think we have slipped too far into “take no risks” territory at the expense of possible massive success.

1 Like

You’d want someone like Kroenke investing his own money into the club? That’s a scary thought tbh we could easily turn into a cash cow for the shareholders like United.

With the current model Kroenke hasn’t put any money in and hasn’t taken any out. Left footballing matters to the experts and the money we generate is solely for the club. It be a totally different situation if he put his own money in because it allows him a greater say on how are run in order to get a return on his investment.

The transition from Highbury to Emirates was handed excellently considering the rise of Chelsea and City. Could we have snuck a PL or two yeah, but looking at things at a whole we’ve come out in an quite good position. Look 2013 onwards and we’ve spent loads on players with no major outgoings. We’ve improved on the pitch too, although to what degree is debatable.

Well I think we’re in a great position to move forward in the future if we make the right appointment it’s not like we’re million miles away from the like of City and Chelsea

Yeah I really don’t have an issue with Kroenke as long as he doesn’t pull money out of the club or meddle in footballing matters. What I WOULD like to see is more accountability at the top - higher expectations with our new wealth, or at least higher ambition. I don’t yet get the sense that our leadership really believes and bleeds for the top honors. It is a rock/hard place situation for Kroenke b/c Arsene’ is a pretty unique situation, but he should have the guts to move on at this point imho.

I agree and hopefully our commercial revenue increases ; but the conversation is that Wenger should have taken money from whatever entities were in that party or in general.

What businesses is run on favour?
Why do fans expect people to pump in their personal money but also frown upon when they take money out of club?

Why would rich owners or subordinates be philanthropic towards Arsenal?

Yeah I don’t agree with the point about the party - that is all hearsay anyway. How does Arsene’ exactly accept checks from random business people and apply them to AFC? Are those donations? Do they come with terms? Are there contracts/commitments made? Is there verbal agreement/tacit agreement for investing in a certain way?

The whole thing sounds like BS to me.

1 Like

I think it’s common knowledge on this forum that you’re not somebody who actually likes to debate and rather somebody who simply likes to make his point and has no interest in responding to anything anybody actually says that counters your view.

But if Wenger would have asked for that money SRCJJ refers too, and maybe had success with that, we could have had a stronger position (re)negotiating those deals. We could have been further than where we are now.

Did you do a survey?

[quote=“sevchenko, post:565, topic:94, full:true”]
Ah right, this whole discussion is about outside Investment?

We run a much cleaner operation when the club is completely self sufficient. I’ve always been against any form of external investment in this club. Looking at our current situation now on and off the pitch It turned out we definitely didn’t need it.

Self sustainability is the best model to pursue in football
[/quote]It is, when you are the club being self sustained.

But I would imagine there aren’t many Chelsea or Man City supporters saying, “I like winning the PL or CL, but I really wanted it to be self sustained.”

What they have done is get successful, and with that success they have increased their popularity, and built a support that will make them even more successful, as well as more profitable.

It’s all hindsight talk, but seeing how one of the reasons Dein was ousted from this club was, because he was in favour of an external benefactor, he foresaw a drop in our competitive position and how it could/should have been better even considering the rise of Chelsea before we actually made the drop (since City wasn’t relevant back then). Taking that into consideration it’s maybe to easy to pinpoint at Chelsea like that. Winning two titles would have been massive for our stature as a club tbh and it would have even been more beneficial for the growth of the club.

I think we’re closer too Spurs than we are to Chelsea/City.

1 Like

Well somebody better get on the phone to Germany, those fools are courting disaster starting Kroos with Ozil!!!

Self sustainability ??? My arse
Whoever supported US during the 60’s 70’s and 80’s would have heard of that shiìiiiiiite.
The last game I paid to watch was 06 v Barcawhores. Cost me £4k

It’s useless to compare a NT with a club, especially if Germany are the better team.

Should we pay Ozil and Alexis what they want?

That’s why Coquelin is on the pitch mate…to provide that balance. According to that logic we shouldn’t play with Cazorla, who is even more of an attacking midfielder, and Ozil either.

Even Vieira wasn’t that kind of player, instead he played in front of a back four so good they didn’t even need that. Also the team in every position was so strong that the attacking threat nullified anything going the other way. Coquelin is a plaster and whilst very entertaining at his best (reminds me of Gattuso) he isn’t the antidote.

Stronger tactics and superior central midfielders with actual footballing talent (can you clone Cazorla?) would be much more effective and successful than a system with Coquelin at the centre (where the game doesn’t flow through him at all).