Granit Xhaka

You can just see every touch he takes and his mere presence in the middle of the park is that of a tremendous footballer. Even the commentators who never catch on to this sort of stuff are already raving about him despite him hardly kicking a ball for us. We have great depth in midfield this season.

1 Like

You know what to do lads

CARLING GOAL OF THE MONTH

https://carlingtap.carling.com/goal-of-the-month/2016-9

1 Like

XHAKABOOM ! HES IN THE ROOM !

1 Like

I think he should be pressure the demands of EPL game are far different from bundesliga

never a red!! shit refereeing again from Moss

Not a red, but he was very poor overall.

Heā€™ll learn. Heā€™s still a young kid. I actually thought he was playing very well before that huge mistake that lead to the goal. Then it all went to shit. Coq gets his place back in the team now :iwobi:

Throughout the season so far heā€™s looked most suspect in the defensive third. Seems to lack awareness in some situations.

2 Likes

Was very poor even when we were cruising. His lack of athleticism is obvious and that tackle, albeit not deserving of red, was stupid one. Had he have any pace, he wouldnā€™t have made that tackle.

The foul was a right one to give, look at where Monreal was when we lost the ball.
Barrow is a very pacy player and probably all of our midfielder except, Coquelin would have been burned by him.
He should have simply pulled him down, stop the 3v2 counter and take the yellow, instead of going to the ground.

His mistake for the first goal is terrible though.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t just the pace, it was an example of the worst Arsenal defensive intelligence - we have a terrible, terrible habit of taking bad angles, not anticipating, and then having to recover from behind. Classic Ramsey, that. While it was a clever/quick move by Barrow (lmao this isnā€™t Messi we are talking about), it was shoddy, lazy, and bad play by Xhaka on several levels.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t criticize him that much. Itā€™s his first poor game for us. Thanks god we have Le Coq back to cover for him.

Precisely because we are so tactically inept a player like Coquelin will always have a place in our team to clean deficiencies up. Contrary too popular opinion almost.

Been a matter of time really, this kind of stupidity is the known weakness in his game. However, Coquelin has the same weakness and far less quality.

I understand the stupidity comment, to an extent. But cmon, it wasnā€™t a redā€¦

Poor game but if that was a red Charlie Adam would never last 90 mins.

3 Likes

That what i thought.
If he had decided to bring him down, use your hand.
The way he tackled and the way Barrow fell down, I was expecting a red card.

Hope he does the same against Rooney or Kane :wilshere:

How many times has Coquelin been send off since his break through though? I can only remember the spurs game when he got a double-yellow.

I think thatā€™s enough for a red.

I believe thereā€™s a difference between a deliberate kick and a deliberate foul, and this IMO was a deliberate kick. If heā€™d pulled his shirt it would have been a yellow.

And anything from behind these days, you can never claim 100% innocence.