Granit Xhaka

I will take credit for that I’m firmly under @kaner s skin at this point.

Hah!

I fear if you ever find yourself in the crowd at an Arsenal game, you’re going to be rather embarrassed by what you hear from the Arsenal faithful.

I forgot to mention the other chant they’ve decided to recycle, it’s also the Bergkamp / Wilshere chant for Xhaka too. Fucking clowns.

Was he known at all for goalscoring exploits in Germany? Can we hope for more screamers or is this just an aberration?

Pretty sure I read that he had a cracking shot on him before we signed him, I’m expecting a 3rd in a row against Chelsea

I heard he has a wonderful shot on him and is prone to use it.

@JakeyBoy

You heard wrong. :grin:

1 Like

Even beyond the goal, Xhaka was really excellent in that game. What stands out is that he is always looking for the positive pass forward, the ball that breaks the lines and really starts moves. You can see many times in this video when Xhaka has a very easy ball to play in order to keep possession, usually to Elneny, but he looks instead for the more positive pass that actually creates a threat. I think he will be brilliant with Ozil, who is a master at creating space and making himself available for those balls.

6 Likes

I think so too. Sadly we have barely got to see it.

2 Likes

My guess is that we’ll get to see a lot of him in the starting line up with Özil soon enough.

Titanic left foot.

1 Like

I love how he kept that shot down.

It really was a wonderful shot btw. Putting it on target from that distance is a skill in itself. And for the haters it’s kind of hard to prove that the deflection didn’t make it easier for the keeper to get a hand on it. The ball taking a deflection off a player would also slow down the velocity, and it still went through the gks hand like it wasn’t there. Mighty inpressive. It might have amputated that keepers hand had it not been deflected tbh.

1 Like

Would love him to score in this way against Chelsea. Everyone would go over the moon.

It’s strange that Wenger has recently bought two players that both have a decent long shot, Xhaka and Elneny, as well as Xhaka having a great through ball.
Maybe we won’t see so much of the endless passing with very little end result we have become used to, and a more direct, counter attacking game we used to have when we were successful.

Another screamer against Chelsea would be good, although if he wants to save it until we play Man U, that would be ok.

2 Likes

:confused:

Elneny has scored quite a few long range shots to so there may have been a plan here. Good in the air to, derby winner:

I think with him on the field defenders won’t be able sit deep because of his threat from long range giving us a different dimension on the field.

He needs to play to bomb Chelsea from outside the box, as they are gonna surely park the bus.

That one ball to Theo was sexy AF.

Also when he recovered the ball after Bellerin’s immense tackle.

I think I’m in love. :giroud2: