Granit Xhaka

Only bavarian slang for you :bellerin:

1 Like

What does ā€œthat spice is mad tingā€ mean?

Ting means thing yeah?

correct me if Iā€™m wrong but I think itā€™s that girl is hot/fit etcā€¦

3 Likes
1 Like

Insanity

Chuba Akpom is my new favourite Arsenal player.

1 Like

Wengerā€™s just said in his press conference he prefers Xhaka as a B2B midfielder because of his engine, power & long passā€¦Weā€™ll see what happens in the following weeks & months but I donā€™t think Wenger knows how to use him.

6 Likes

He finally had his pivot in order to go back to that 4-1-4-1 system he employed in the beginning of 14/15 (and more importantly use Ozil as Guardiola used Iniesta/Silva now). Now this shit.

Wow.

We shouldā€™ve signed Gundogan. Not that it was possible with Pep wanting him, but still, looks as if the money on Xhaka was just a waste then.

Canā€™t believe Wenger is fucking about our best CM after Santi.

Oh waitā€¦ I can as anything is possible when heā€™s the manager :weary:

Xhaka is just perfect. Not even Wenger can ruin him surely :sunglasses:

Taking things out of context to suit the anti-Wenger agenda again, arenā€™t we?

Heā€™s the full transcript of the interview. Make what you want of it

Journalist: Can I ask you about Xhaka? A lot of people were surprised he didnā€™t start in midweek.

Wenger: Itā€™s not about his quality at the moment, he adapts to the pace of the English game. And for me itā€™s about pairs as well who work together.

Coquelin and Cazorla have worked well together. But he will play games. Every week heā€™s stronger and better, and he will have a huge impact as a player.

Journalist: He looks as if heā€™s got great physical strength. The other night he came on and you could see him immediately impose himself on the game.

Wenger: He can of course. He has the stature, the power, the strength, what we want is that for him to use that in a very efficient way. Itā€™s short you know, we are September, we only started in August. Itā€™s one month, for many players it took them some time to get into the team and he will do that without any problem.

Journalist: How would you describe him? Is a box-to-box or an anchorman? He seems to be quite adaptable.

Wenger: I personally prefer him as a box to box player, because he has the engine, the power, the long pass, he likes to come deep and distribute the game. I think as well he has the engine to make an impact with his runs.

Journalist: Has he got the qualities youā€™ve been missing in midfield?

Wenger: Look, we always had good midfield players, you cannot say we were missing anything. We wanted to add players with quality, him and Elneny are top class players, but thereā€™s a lot of competition in midfield at the moment. Iā€™m sure both of them will get in the team.

Journalist: When you say itā€™s about pairs, does that mean itā€™s difficult for him to play with Cazorla?

Wenger: No, not necessarily. What I mean is that Cazorla and Coquelin have 50 or 60 games together, that has a little impact sometimes on my decisions.

Journalist: With Xhaka, is it that new arrivals are blown away by the pace and physical nature of English football? Does it take them by surprise.

Look er, in one or two occasions. I think he adapted quite well personally, because of his physical strength and his power allows him to play straight away. Sometimes you know, we lost our first game, you go a bit for stability, but heā€™s highly focused, Elneny as well.

Both of them are highly focused, and they are top, top quality.

1 Like

Cheers for providing the context.

Tbh, though, this quote is still rather worrisome:

Maybe that is why Wilshere left on loan he said it was his decision, maybe he was seeing too many people are playing his role in the team and will have a hard time getting back in it with the amount of game time he has managed to garner.

Yeah his lack of mobility and propensity to dive rashly into tackles (sometimes not connecting with ANYTHING, let alone the ball) combined with AW coaching him to B2B sounds like recipe for a bad, bad fit and frustrating time for all of us, including Xhaka.

1 Like

How can there still be pro wenger people?! :open_mouth::joy:

That animal died a slow painful death last year.

Seemed obvious to me at the time he struggled a little in the matches he featured

:cech: you AKBā€™s stop making excuses for Wenger.

:ozil2: