(Spoilers) House of the Dragon/Game of Thrones

If we’re talking the latest series, as epic as the spectacle of the Battle of the Bastards was, I preferred the final episode. @Craigie I think you’ve summed up the BoB perfectly.

The sequence with Cersei in the Red Keep/everyone in the Sept of Baelor/Lancel in the underground passages was up there with any other. The way it was shot and the special effects were breathtaking were brilliant but best of all was the use of music. That was one of the bits of the later series that stand up to comparison with any of the great scenes/sequences of the earlier series imo.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/JxWfvtnHtS0

The Mountain vs Oberyn was phenomemal. The show absolutely nailed that one, I was shivering by the end of it, and that after knowing what was going to happen from before.

It was more the epicness of it…For a tv show it was immense…

1 Like

While the show is basically becoming worse with every season, there were still some great moments.
Jamie Lannister getting his hand cut off, followed by an immediate cut (ha!) and

was proper verfremdungseffekt. Loved it.

Just over a week left!!! Can’t wait for season 7.

2 Likes

:giroud3:

That scene with Ed Sheeran, jesus, what a pile of piss.

4 Likes

“I haven’t heard that one before”
“It’s new”

Literally fuck off and die.

2 Likes

Good episode slightly ruined by Ed Sheeran’s inexplicable cameo…

1 Like

Nice that after 7 seasons they finally did a “hey soldiers are real people too” scene, rather than I’ll eat every cunting rabbit in this cunting place.

I thought it was pretty good apart from the first scene and Sam risking his future stealing books to get information he already had.

Brought me right out the immersion. Wasn’t best pleased about the hound using the term top knot either.

I’ve been saying this show has been going downhill massively in the recent past but fuck me, not everything in life has to appeal to/appease millennials and hipsters.

I thought it was a good opening episode to the season apart from the above. ‘‘Top knot’’, really? Killed the vibe.

Nice opening ep apart from that pointless cameo

The Hound comes up with great banter. Love the man.

2 Likes

That ed Sheran but was diabolical like one of the worst hints ever to happen in television

:joy:

5 Likes

I’ll see your meme and raise you

8 Likes

Lmao

He sang a few lines and said a few words. Didn’t really care about it. Good episode to set the stage.