(Spoilers) House of the Dragon/Game of Thrones

Guys. All these fucking posts and no good episode analysis. ffs sort it.

This kind of semantic/pedantic argument that goes around in circles where no one really wins is your expertise man.

Don’t act like you don’t love it.

4 Likes

Anywhere but here. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

a good review:

"To Sansa, though, there’s more than a little melancholy in the sight of a sister transformed into a weapon by her experiences during their time apart. The three Starks in Winterfell have been reforged by life’s cruelty, broken down and reassembled as people who in essential ways no longer recognize each other. Sansa a canny and paranoid manipulator, Arya a dyed-in-the-wool killer, Bran no longer even truly Bran. His empty, emotionless farewell to Meera Reed, his tireless companion and a woman for whom he once harbored an embarrassed, boyish affection, is one of the episode’s saddest notes.

Arya should never have had to learn to kill. Bran should never have been forced to break his own mind on the altar of destiny. Sansa may have been groomed for command by her captors, but at what cost to her soul? In their power, as in the furnace hearts of Dany’s dragons, is a reminder of the essential ugliness of the world in which they live and a warning not to let the horrors of the battlefield become our heart’s desire. The spoils of war aren’t glory or freedom; they’re fire and blood."

1 Like

5 Likes

I remember doing UBRS when that video came out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still hoping for that legal Vanilla rehash personally :slight_smile: haven’t played for years - would be fun.

1 Like

Hope the season hasn’t climaxed yet! Although the focus should revert to the others in E6 onwards
https://twitter.com/thisisinsider/status/894664478343667712

https://19818-presscdn-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/37b/f2/fcbfeb348ff41ed6.gif

4 Likes

“Woo, Bronn is back!”
“No, no, fuck you, no, FUCK YOU BRONN, NOOOO”.

Was about my reaction last night :sanchez2:

As the story on screen is often blurred and glossy on exact details, times, geography within that world, Daeny’s motivation for attacking Jaime and his Lannister army was purely to stop them from getting back to King’s Landing (and of course inflicting a great deal of destruction in the process) right? After finding out that they pulled a sly one in her.

I wonder if she knew, whether via Varys and his ‘little bird’s’, if that Lannister army was also purposefully transporting a boat load of gold back to King’s Landing? Seems all too fitting of a plan to to tie up so many problems in one go.

Awesome though regardless, brilliant episode!!

1 Like

Tyrion is fully aware of the crown’s debts to Iron Bank - will know that convoy is transporting gold, hence Dany’s targeting of their supply chain.

1 Like

Just a little heads up there might be a few spoliers out there, the script for Episode 5’s been leaked.

1 Like

Also in reply to @RichardDeP, the gold was safely back at King’s Landing unfortunately, Randall Tarley confirms this just before they hear the Dothraki rumbling away over the hill.

It was the food supplies Dany destroyed, the gold was already gone.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Ah fair enough, I missed that then! I asked as Tycho said to Cersei “when” they’ve paid their debt, they’d seal their alliance with the Iron Bank further.

Letting it all sink in right now but I’m definitely going to watch this episode again later in the week.

I don’t even watch this but Walcott is better than those dragons, not even a contest

Yeah I missed it too first time round and thought they’d got the gold, therefore fucking up the entire arrangement Cersei was making with the Iron Bank. Only when I rewatched the episode last night did I catch that snippet of info

Don’t bother trying to rationalize why Danaerys torched wagons instead of soldiers.
It was simply because effects were better performed on props like Wagons.

They burned 20 some stunt actors for this battle which is supposedly quite a lot/record for TV.

Destroying the food supplies is more important to the war overall than killing more of those men in a single battle. It’s well established that the food from The Reach is vital to feeding large parts of the Seven Kingdoms, that’s well established not just in this season but ages ago. Cersei is significantly weaker for having lost all that grain.

Also, if she went round lighting up the whole battlefield indiscriminately she’d have fried loads of her own Dothraki soldiers. A living Dothraki soldier is more valuable to her than a dead Lannister man due to how fucking awesome they are. As Robert said, “Only a fool would meet the Dothraki in an open field”, it’s long established how great a fighting force they are.

It isn’t hard to rationalise at all.

4 Likes

If she defeats the army, food supplies were not going to get themselves to King’s landing anyway.
Logically it is stupid to waste dragon fire on wagons when she could have flown ahead of Dothraki army and burned a major resistance and saved quite a few Dothrakis in process.

Plus she herself needs food supplies. She has just come to Westeros. She has no kingdom of her owns, no farmers to get food from. She relied on high garden for food supplies.
Plus Winter has come so more food supplies the better.
It is not rational at all.

1 Like