Francis Coquelin

What a joke

1 Like

Today was embarrassing; he is trying to hard now rather keeping things simple. He should have just fouled hazard

Fact is, if Cazorla was fit, we wouldnā€™t have Coq anywhere near the squad unless Xhaka is serving yet another ban.

What did Le Coq do?

1 Like

died on the pitch trying to stop Hazard

6 Likes

I see now, thanks.

Nothing.

For ninety fucking minutes.

https://streamable.com/9bd8o

Clearly an underrated player on the ball.

2 Likes

But,but but, heā€™s a midfield enforcer they said :poldi:

Midfield enforcer gettin bodied by Hazard :arteta:

You canā€™t make this shit up :wilshere:

Canā€™t spell ArsenaL without the L :santi:

1 Like

His good form for that period in the back half of 2014/2015 was simply a fluke.

Coquelin is here because should stop the opponents. If he didnā€™t that, why is here? (today is not his first bad game this season).

2 Likes

Surprised by ā€œhe should have taken a cardā€. Heā€™s a defensive midfielder, he should absolutely flatten a little prick winger. Itā€™s not like he was done for pace, he just got outmuscled. This is the same shit that was driving me mad with Arteta but at least Arteta made up for being smaller by being decent on the ball.

Iā€™ve been a Coq sympathiser but you have to wonder whatā€™s the point of having no nonsense enforcer and then have them fuck up situations like that. It wasnā€™t even a desperate situation at that point.

1 Like

Not good enough to start for us, itā€™s becoming more and more evident with each passing game, many were talking about how heā€™s overcoming his limitations but theyā€™re still there as glaring as ever.

Not good enough in posession at all and as for the defensive side he can be suspect there too.

If anything he has a place merely as a squad player but DM is another position that can be upgraded for sure.

On a shit day this made me laugh.

1 Like

Iā€™ll honestly never understand how it took so long for our fanbase to realize that Coq is a good but not great player.

More like garbage and not decent. Whoever considered Coquelin a top player should swallow their pride and admit they now see him for what he really is. Not worthy of the Champions League level.

1 Like

Our embarrassment of riches in centre midfield is actually just an embarrassment. Between the enforcers who canā€™t enforce properly (Coquelin), the creative types that are generally uncreative (Ramsey) and the injury stricken (Cazorla, Wilshere), weā€™re way off the pace.

Honestly I think we could let Cazorla go this summer, sell Ramsey and Coquelin and not be any worse off than we are right now.

1 Like

His size does not matter. Think I mention before the revamp of this forum. Heā€™s no Matic or Konte thatā€™s for sure. Heā€™s not even a good player. A squad player but a good starting eleven? When he could actually protect our back four and make interceptions and break the play better yeah.

Iā€™m watching the AFCON final. Between Elneny and Coquelin there is an ocean of difference about quality, intelligence and dynamism.

4 Likes