Francis Coquelin

What a load of bullshit. Elneny really isnt that great and displays mostly slow, laboured passing and movement.

3 Likes

Elneny has more quality on the ball than Coquelin and is far better suited to our system than Coq is.

4 Likes

There isnt an ocean of difference betwesn the two though is there?

Elneny should be sold imo.

1 Like

https://u.nya.is/crnenc.mp4

Would love if Coquelin was able to do that

When elneny does anything remotely that good in an Arsenal shirt then come back to me.

Might as well be scoring those goals in training, because when it actually matters hes done nothing of the sort.

Again, there is no ocean between them.

3 Likes

I’d say representing your country in a cup final is a good definition of when it matters :giroud:

I’d say its clear I meant in an Arsenal shirt.

There is indeed.

Coq is better defensively sure but Eleny is a far more intelligent player and is actually comfrotable in possession.

I agree with @SRCJJ that he’s more suited to us than Coq on the face of it.

1 Like

Pretty sure he scored an equaliser against barcelona for us

Yep, fucking great goal it was as well.

4 Likes

I think there are a few problems with le coq this season ,firstly he seems to be going forward too much .
He is at his best as an out and out DM and I wish he would just stick to that .
He has also lost a half a yard of pace since his last major injury and that may never come back.
Lastly he has to cope with a changing back four dynamic .
Anyone watching us live this year will have noticed a schoolboy like approach to our play where all the boys chase after the ball !
Defensively it means Mustafi goes haring off the the sidelines after the ball which makes Kos cover across and then means Bellerin gets left in the middle .
On Saturday that meant he was matching up 1-1 with Costa for the goal ,plain suicide,and because Walcott couldnt be bothered to come back Alonso stole in !

1 Like

A good squad addition but shouldn’t be anywhere near our first 11. I do think he played out of his skin for a short period and once he knew he was in Wenger’s good books, he slacked off. Chelsea game was his worse game for us but he does try and gives it 100% but if Wenger was a lot more ruthless he would have bought Kante and had Coq as his back up.

Where is Coquelin?

Unfortunately the journalists will not ask to Arsène why Coquelin is still an Arsenal player despite he is shit but they will prefer to understand if Arsène is interested to buy a random player, following the news of a shit tabloid.

Elneny is nothing special but he’s certainly a better player than Coquelin. @Oliver and other Coq fanboys: open your eyes. I know we have fond memories of when he shut down the daunting United team in the cup, marking the prodigious Marouane Fellaini (!) out of the game, or when he dominated Tim Sherwood’s impressive Aston Villa side in the FA Cup final, or when he came into the team and turned things around for us against West Ham and Pellegrini’s terribly coherent and well-prepared City side, ensuring a fantastic 75 pt haul and tremendous 3rd place finish in a terribly difficult league, but the reality is he’s not a good player.

3 Likes

Cazorla and Coquelin were the best CM pairing we have had in years.

His form has dipped and he isnt playing to the level he once did, and i agree should be replaced. However not long ago he was performing to a level unrivalled by any DM in the league.

If Ramsey has taught us anything, its that footballers levels arent consistent or always on an upward curve until the curse of the 30+.

However, given that you think Arteta was a good DM, id keep your opinions to yourself.

3 Likes

This is just not true and never has been.

In my humble opinion it is.

Edit: did a quick google, early on in the 15/16 season he had the best defensive stats in Europe and maintained the best league stats for a big chunk of the season.

I see no need in discussing it though as i now conceed he isnt what i want in the starting lineup anymore.

Edit: for all intents and purposes I hold Ramsey, Monreal and Cech in the same regard.

2 Likes

Here ya go @oliver these are per 90 stats. Let’s see the coq haters explain this away…

3 Likes

I think watching him lately gives enough of an impression that he isn’t quite the player anymore he used to be when he came back from loan. He certainly looked great playing alongside the right player but on his own he’s not of enough quality to really play more than a squad role for this team.

That being said, it’s not a problem that can be solely seen with Coquelin.

5 Likes

I dunno why people turn such a blind eye, lol coq is a great player. Anyways I really doubt if Coq was swapped out with Kante we’d be running away with the league right, that’s how a lot of people make it seem

1 Like