Francis Coquelin

Ofcourse he should get credit. It’s only fair.
I think Adebayor also took advantage of the great football the team played that year. Coincidentally when the creativity was gone the next season (Hleb to Barcelona and Rosicky injured for a whole season) he fell of a cliff.

Agreed - although partially why he fell off a cliff is that he was a mercenary and didn’t have anywhere near the requisite year-by-year competitive fire for the top level.

Our 2008 side was the best starting 11 we have had in the emirates era maybe this season aside ? It didn’t have much depth but our starting 11 was very good.

I really can’t blame players for leaving us during that time. It’s no coincedence everybody did leave, but the injury prone Rosicky and Diaby. Oh and shit Walcott.

Yeah I was more referring to the fact that Adebayor was pretty much a one season wonder.

on Coquelin’s situation…
Coquelin has a hamstring. It’s too early, you have to wait 48 hours for a scan to see. Usually when he sits down and comes up it’s not so good news. It’s just a tightness. The player tries to get on but he didn’t even try to play again.
Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170103/wenger-on-giroud-lucas-and-coquelin#EUgb4UKMFz2bH11d.99

Xhaka and Ramsey playing on Sunday then as they are the only two available lol. Unless we play youths?

Have we ever played Xhaka and Ramsey together?

So… from having so much depth we had to let Wilshere go we now only have two fit midfielders and neither of them are performing lol.

1 Like

FFS. Anyone have Kalstroms number?

Time to re-call Wilshere :slight_smile:

We didn’t put a recall clause in. So PL rules state we can’t @Bl1nk

Another great decision.

:wenger:

Dont really want wilshere back yet anyway. As a club in January we should be fine.

I think having only two central midfielders, neither of whom are playing very well atm, is a bit concerning.

3 Likes

Don’t disagree. But Wilshere needs to maintain fitness first and foremost.

Our resources mean we could acquire yet another midfielder tbh. I actually envision a loan and little else, sadly.

I don’t think Wilshere enters the discussion, there’s no recall clause so we can’t have him back even if we wanted to.

Oh no i know that, it was more a general response to blink mentioning him and you mentioning we were down to two.

Kallstrom anyone? :smile:

Pjanić buy time.

We’ll just got a loan and nothing else. We were never gonna get any significant signings this Jan.

When is Santi back?

Plus Ox has played at CM before as well.

1 Like