Francis Coquelin

Yawn. His bias against Ronaldo is obvious and tedious.

Again, he suggested a 48 league goal scoring Ronaldo wouldn’t stand out. Then said he didn’t say that.

Simple as really.

1 Like

@AbouCuellar trying to get more votes for his awards.

Indeed. Troll of the year and hipster of the year are already in the bag. Maybe he is aiming for a headstart on 2017?

4 Likes

You have accused me twice now of deliberately misinterpretating AC’s words.
You like him all you want, don’t bring me into irrelevant blame game.

My reading comprehension is fine. If there is ever I have not aligned with what AC says, it is because AC can’t speak straight and likes to run rings around his main core point.

You see the provocation AC is subjected to but are blind to way he provokes others.

3 Likes

In before condescending wall of text from @CunningLinguist or @AbouCuellar :sunny:

2 Likes

Whilst I agree with everything you’ve said, in comparison, we are an Arsenal team under Wenger who, on occasion will get his team playing as a unit. I even believe that we’ve improved on this too however it comes down to tweaking what will be his preferred working CM pair. I think we rely on a mix of individual performance and team structure or formation in the way we set up for any game. We won’t be seeing any replicas of a Guardiola team with Arsene around. I respect that.

Once we can get Xhaka into some consistent form and pulling the strings so to speak, if paired with Le Coq, the general opinion against him may change. He’s a versatile player after all and I think he works best when paired with a creator.

The problem is cuellar is arguing against a point I never actually made. I was suggesting ronaldo being at Arsenal as well as Alexis and Ozil, and with his talent he would definitely stand out. Alexis stands out constantly, Ozil stands out constantly, as would Ronaldo in the last five years if he played alongside them.

Lastly, do not be a hypocrite, you berate Oliver for being condescending yet your whole post verbosely (unnecessarily) patronises him due to “reading comprehension” don’t be another holier than thou prick, thank you.

3 Likes

I mean, yeah, it could be argued Cunning was being condescending.

But, if you read what he wrote, there wasn’t much wrong. Oliver picked and chose from that statement on Ronaldo Abou said and made a post based on something he didn’t say.

Now I don’t have a horse in this random DM wars battle, but yeah.

There’s no could about it elec, look at all the fancy words he uses to put across his point, and furthermore calling him stupid, there’s a way to go about things and that certainly wasn’t it.

Perhaps I have misunderstood AC. But my understanding was that he clearly stated a player that scores 48 league goals wouldn’t stand out at Arsenal.

@CunningLinguist just got a little stroppy. Not worth wasting any time entertaining him.

Well, start off by not being a hypocrite yourself. You criticize my post. Ok, I can understand that, maybe you are right. But, my post was a response to Oliver’s

There’s the initial “you’re stupid” and the original patronising statement. AC’s post before was still a neutral explanatory statement with no insult whatsoever. And on that uneccessary escalation I commented. As I said, criticize me, no problem with that. But you should be consistent here and not leave Oliver out, because you happen to agree with him in regards to Ronaldo.

Anyway, have a nice start to the weekend. I hope the weather in IT is better than in northern Germany. :wink:

Normally I wouldn’t pay any mind, but I think he’s being singled out by several people for some time now. Sometimes it’s in jest, but often it is not, and rather aggressive as well, to a point where everything that he writes will meet an immediate negative response. I don’t really think that is necessary. Maybe I’m reading too much into it. We don’t have all that many users left on here, a little common courtesy would go a long way.

Nice weekend to you too, by the way. Off to work.

Fair enough but the way you are going about it is not helping.
It will only result in people targeting you rather than stop targeting AC.

It actually wasn’t a ‘you’re stupid’ at all. As per usual you have got you knickers in a twist and misunderstood.

AC suggested I couldn’t or wasn’t reading. I then responded saying that his command of English isn’t actually that good, which is completely fair given the growing number of individuals that don’t understand him and are alienated by him.

But hey ho, you probably knew that anyway. If AC is met with negative feedback it’s because of his contrary opinions. On a personal level I like him and have regularly messaged privately him to wish him well etc, so there is certainly no ill will or targeting, on my behalf anyway.

I do however hope you have a nice weekend. Apologies for any disruption

lovely people, it’s Friday, you haven’t even watched Arsenal’s shit performance at the weekend yet, and are still operating under the delusion that the last two games might be somewhat reflective of what’s to come, now is not the time for strife!

[quote=“Oliver, post:346, topic:102, full:true”]
Indeed. Troll of the year and hipster of the year are already in the bag. Maybe he is aiming for a headstart on 2017?
[/quote]Nah, LondresTopo will make a glorious return to the Forum and claim back what’s rightfully his :wenger:

1 Like

Fuck all you assholes. Have a good weekend tho! :santi2:

2 Likes

No, they always use two good passers. Obviously not because it’s more efficient but because Simeone really is just a “purist” who wants to see some sexy, silky football or something like that.
Even the supposedly ultra-defensive Mourinho, won the league with Fábregas and Matic in midfield. If Xhaka, for whatever reason, isn’t a “dm”, then Matic sure as hell isn’t either.

The team was perfectly fine without an athletic destroyer before; Just like how it’s been perfectly fine without one this season. Xhaka as a holding midfielder, with another midfielder next to him (Ramsey probably the best of a bad bunch, but it should be a new signing), should absolutely be good enough.

Matic is absolutely a DM, and was employed as such when they won the league.

His prominence was based almost entirely on his ability to win possession back.

Like Kante really.

Trying to get into the hunt for hipster of the year eh? AC has it wrapped up but if you consistently make posts like this I think you could do it next year my friend. Points for the valiant effort though :grin: