France Thread

Brazil did it in ‘58 and ‘62 and Italy in ‘34 and ‘38

2 Likes

I think everyone can see why Giroud was selected ahead of Lacazette.
There are enough players in there to do what Lacazette does. Giroud offers a different option.

Plus Giroud has always performed well for France

Or white guys.

2 Likes

:arteta:

1 Like

I don’t get it, lol :see_no_evil:

Ozil probably won’t even play anyway. Isn’t he gonna be fasting or whatnot?

Ironically all this “crying wolf” he’s been doing about being sick recently might just come back and bite him in the arse

Ramadan ends at the start of the world cup, plus footballers get an exemption anyway

When did Mohammed add that exemption into Quran?

3 Likes

Hahahaha :rofl:

1 Like

It’s Muhammad.

And travelling is a valid exemption from fasting although there are different interpretations of it.

1 Like

Yep and it didnt stop Pele being part of a third winning squad in 1970.

I was just completing the list of who is not included in the squad.

2 Likes

sakced in March next year when they go out in the CL

1 Like

He’s not wrong though. PSG don’t have great FBs in my opinion. Saying that I’d take Kurzawa here that’s for sure.

1 Like

Kurzawa here? :henry2:

This World Cup victory really was about a group of friends coming together to achieve something great. Deschamps always said he did not pick the 23 best French players for his squad, but the best group. A strategy totally vindicated. pic.twitter.com/WgUn1k2pYs

— Get French Football News (@GFFN) 10 september 2018

It’s so sad that for some people in France/Europe the composition of this squad is a thorn in their side (not sure if this translation is the correct one of the saying).

Further to that, you just see that they’re having a blast and it’s very endearing

5 Likes

It’s quite a catchy song

bit weird making Griezmann a sidenote in the lyrics…haha

1 Like

I guess not much rhymes with Griezmann lol