Football Twitter nerd stuff

Fuck my life most of Liverpool and man city passes are in the final third

Lol at West Hamā€™s. Trying to pass to their manager?

^

Bit of a ā€œproper football manā€, Allegri. Would never pay attention to what he says in interviews.

2 Likes

Bit of a strange thing to say for a man who clearly loves tactics and tinkering lol

1 Like

I know lol. Was quite interesting though.

1 Like

Yep lol. I just think Allegri talks shit sometimes haha

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes

He is basically trying to copy Guardiola lol.

2 Likes

Top one looks like connect 4 board.

1 Like

Worse people to copy tbf

3 Likes

Iā€™m excited to see Guendouzi as a #6 under Arteta.

I believe with some work itā€™s possible, andā€¦Itā€™s worked perfectly in master league :ozil:

Also, so youā€™re saying we got our very own Guardiola? :giroud2:

1 Like

He could do wonders with guendo if everything goes the right way. Gueno has a abundance of raw talent, but his main weakness is his positioning off the ball (especially when we defend). If he developes that aspect of his game we have a proper player on our hands. Iā€™d be very happy if can sell xhaka next month so guendo has the room to improve until the end of the season, alongside torreira at heart of the midfield. And if he could use use ceballos alsoā€¦ imagineā€¦

3 Likes

Guendouzi is not showing any signs of being a promising defensive midfielder.

I think you guys are overestimating the impact any coach can have if you think they can turn someone who canā€™t defend into a #6. Need a better player in this position and then Guendouzi can compete with Ceballos.

1 Like

Because he isnt a defensive mid

thread

Lol. Ted Knutson really badly wants to get hired by a PL-club.

1 Like

Heā€™s not wrong. Football is massively behind in this and has been for years. In North America you even have advanced metrics being thrown about in commonplace fashion on the most mainstream of programmes (ESPN). Contrast that with Europe where if on a mainstream show in Spain they even mention shots on goal itā€™s a miracle and if I mention xG shamrockgoonerā€™s head explodes.

1 Like

Friend of mine became an exec at Memphis Grizzlies based on his dedication for years on basketball analyticsā€¦ I think he is with ESPN now again, but yeah, the US sports scene is obsessed with analytics since Moneyball days (and before with baseball, but we called it ā€œstatsā€ lol)ā€¦

Football is a challenging sport to use analytics well and I think it is still pretty immatureā€¦ really what you need is the ability to constantly rate players on the field for their movement, position, etc. rather than use so many rare-event statsā€¦ reality is, with 22 players on the pitch, one player generally only ā€œhas possessionā€ for 1-2% of the game at best.

Basketball and Hockey are most similar in the ā€œconstant dynamicā€ nature, but the level of scoring and the relatively small area and fewer players make it a LOT more effective.

Anyway, I think the smart clubs are using it judiciously for enhancing their overall scouting and analysis. Fact is, even baseball relies HEAVILY on direct scouting, and baseball is the quintessential ā€œevent-drivenā€ stat/analytics tailor made sport there is.