Everton Vs Arsenal (PL)

Thanks for applying some logic.

Everton are extremely difficult to beat at home. Their fans are one of the loudest around and they make the games against us like fucking cup finals.

I actually stuck a tenner on Everton when we went one up as you could see it coming a mile off.

That article does describe what has happened but it could also describe any season recently.
When it says we need to find balance in midfield, we have known that for ages, but we are still trying to look for an answer.

1 Like

It really depends on what our ultimate goal is, Wenger/Arsenal’s goal is…

To be top 4, yesterday’s result does not matter. Just a one off, not must win situation, many games left in the season…

To be champion, yesterday’s result was a warning, a serious one. We might not be able to win it but should have get at least a point.

35, 40, 45 points the half way mark, does not matter, it is season by season. All I care is consistent quality football. After all these rebuilding years, I am still waiting Wenger/Arsenal to get me a balance of winning and attractive football.
The unbeaten run was nice, but what was the purpose of achieving it? To get you the title? Or something you can brag about if not able to win it all??

2 Likes

its not better chance than last year. Thats a stupid statement.

Is this viewpoint still a thing? Lol, our goals are to finish 4th and make the club money…:arteta:

5 Likes

oh dear I forgot how losing a game means ronnie starts posting again, please let us not lose to City or morris will pop back as well, or worst case, arctic starts posting again :o oh the humanity!

2 Likes

What’s the guys name who used to post on the old forum. Only in the Wenger thread, and each of his posts were so redundant it could have been copied and pasted?

Edit: Ahh just remembered Titivol2

2 Likes

arctic? some guy called brian as well I think but I might be wrong, difficult to keep track of the ones who fuck off as soon as we win a few lol

My post was not negative at all, it was you to choose to see people in a negative way

oh lol ya I remembered that guy :smiley:

It was Titivol2. He honestly is the worst of the bad bunch.

wasn’t there some bloke called brian something who was like that as well? I am so bad at names tho. might be wrong.

Irishbrian, thus the reason we now refer to Cuellar as “Spanish Brian” :joy:

Spanish Brian… His name is AbouCuellar now

2 Likes

rofl at both of you at the same time :joy:

And there’s me thinking our ultimate goal was to go from one of the best clubs the world has ever seen to actually becoming the best club the world has ever seen by winning more trophies than every other club.

Thanks for popping my balloon :sob:

Spanish brIan is a hilarious name tbh.

AC is this year’s sally.

I’ve just finished watching extended highlights of yesterdays game and i have to correct myself with my first post. we actually played stupidly, right into Koeman’s and Everton’s hands. we allowed them to bully and harass us into submission and defeat.

After especially scrutinizing Özil’s performance, it seemed to me that if Wenger had given him the choice of coming out for the 2nd half or staying in the changing room Özil wouldn’t have come out.
I love the guy to bits but his performance was bordering on cowardly imho.

Fat Sam at Bolton was one of the first mangers to suss us out, kick and harass us enough and you can beat us, yesterday’s game highlighted that beautifully.

I’ve never been one to subscribe to the opinion that we are bottlers, now i do :frowning:

1 Like

[quote=“Gladiator, post:211, topic:1016, full:true”]
Arsenal point tally after 19 during past 10 years

2015/16 - 39 pts2014/15 - 33 pts2013/14 - 42 pts2012/13 - 33 pts2011/12 - 36 pts2010/11 - 38 pts2009/10 - 41 pts2008/09 - 32 pts2007/08 - 44 pts2006/07 - 33 pts

Invincibles points tally after 19 in 2003/04

45 pts.

Yet people expect us to beat everyone and be at 46 points this time.
[/quote]Thanks for taking the time to do this bro! I did this on the old site and was looking at doing it again for reference, but you’ve beaten me to it :smiley:

Reading through all the posts in this thread. If anyone ever worried about losing the OA feel when we moved, we’ve certainly got the meltdown feeling back today :sweat_smile:

Why not? We have quite a good depth this season, imo. I thought we would have done worse without Cazorla, instead not. One defeat in 14 games doesn’t change my view :slight_smile: