Everton Vs Arsenal (PL)

Okay, clearly you didn’t read the entire convo. :smile:

I said anyone can beat anyone on their day, football is unpredictable especially in the premier league

Last season especially, Chelsea, Leicester etc are a testament to that based on the last 3 seasons.

It doesn’t work both ways, you can’t have an exciting unpredictable league and expect arsenal to win every game comfortably.

1 Like

No team in the league has 40 points so far. If no team reaches 40 points after 19 legs, what does that say?

Indeed he did. His last 2 club goals have been against us. Serves us right for saying he was past it.

Chelsea has 37 from 15 games so it would be shocking if they don’t pass 40 before they play 19 games

Meh I’m over it already.

Annoys me for a few minutes after the match then that’s it. When it happens so often you just get used to it. Bottling a big game is our specialty!

So your point? They are still not there.
We have 3 games to collect 6 points to get there, twice at home against teams much more average than Everton. Which is exactly the point. We need to focus on getting these points and proceed with our season instead of moaning that we lost to fucking Everton.

1 Like

So why are you torturing yourself by watching Arsenal? :stuck_out_tongue:

First loss since the first game of the season against a team unbeaten at home and against a manager with a good record against our boss. City, with 4 wins in 15 games and Liverpool with 1 win in their last 4 are all seen as title contenders therefore so are we.

4 Likes

from 1-0 up

bottled it

3 Likes

Arsenal point tally after 19 during past 10 years

2015/16 - 39 pts
2014/15 - 33 pts
2013/14 - 42 pts
2012/13 - 33 pts
2011/12 - 36 pts
2010/11 - 38 pts
2009/10 - 41 pts
2008/09 - 32 pts
2007/08 - 44 pts
2006/07 - 33 pts

Invincibles points tally after 19 in 2003/04

45 pts.

Yet people expect us to beat everyone and be at 46 points this time. :facepalm:

4 Likes

Quite a balanced analysis, something you will never heard from an Arsenal fan:

2 Likes

Well. Arsenal weren’t contenders in either of those years. But 07/08.

1 Like

Managed 5 mins this morning when match was replayed. All I saw was same old same old defending.
We can’t seem to get away from every faker running towards the ball like school kids.
We still don’t seem to like cold damp nights up north.
Our team will never ever never ever win title with a clown in the managers seat. Get the tw at where he belongs in pantomime.

1 Like

As it’s gonna be the tighest PL ever (i still believe it, despite Chelsea opening a little gap at the top), you just can’t expect to easily win it. We have to be in the mix until the end and see what happens.

“a first Premier League crown in 13 years”

And the above is why Wenger shouldn’t be in the job anymore.

6 Likes

I have the feeling Chelsea are going to romp away with this title frankly

3 Likes

I knew this one was going to be difficult from the start. We had just played 2 days earlier ffs. Anyways I was hoping I was wrong because it doesn’t get easier. We aren’t beating City away, so I’m hoping for a draw there.

You never know, they haven’t won at home in the league since mid September! Clearly not quite the fortress they wish it was at the moment, and their non existent defence means we’ll almost certainly score.

Mind you, I thought we’d beat Everton too. Ever the optimist.

1 Like

Shoulda, coulda, oughta, didnt

Shoulda ……had the game won in the first 30 mins
Coulda ………equalised at the death
Outghta…….have beaten a very poor Everton side
didnt …concentrate for 90 mins

Same as it ever was !

It’s not so tragic and heaven did not fall but all our faults were laid bare on this one !

Still weve got an easy one this weekend so all will be well !

3 Likes

Everyone is being a little melodramatic. Victory over a City side who’s defence looks as poor as anything in the division and everyone is happy again. No way that match will be as physical as last night’s too.

2 Likes