Emirates Cup thread

Elneny had an excellent game tbf.

1 Like

:hipster: Stop being gay for Theo :wink:

I thought Theo had a good game, irrespective of the goals.

1 Like

Great second half! Nelson looks very good.

Lacazette should be sold. Poor mans Theo. Displayed none of the dynamism, sharpness and power our number 14 did.

2 Likes

Apart from joke, we have to start our most in-form team, not our best against Chelsea next week.

1 Like

Nelson is just fantastic to watch. Looks like a special talent, I hope he gets a decent amount of game time this season. And he’s only 17 too - hopefully we’ve unearthed a little diamond.

4 Likes

I want him in the league cup and easier premier league games this season tbh. Need to see how this talent translates when the pressure is on.

3 Likes

And the Europa League

That was a good performance considering we started with mostly reserve players.
Nelson and Kolasinac were the stand out players, both very effective and great going forwards.
Walcott had a good performance even though he wasted his best chance, but he looked pretty good.
Although it was a pre season friendly we looked very good going forward and played with a lot of confidence.
It will be interesting to see how the first team play tomorrow and if Lacazette can perform if he plays the whole match.

1 Like

Iwobi looked fantastic when he started playing for us, too. One step at time.

Iwobi’s still pretty good tbh.

3 Likes

So how did we play ? C’mon West Ham etc you know you want Theo he scored twice vs Benfica.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/AFC_Foundation/status/891280922498260992

5 Likes

It’s not even on in English in the States. Better brush up on my Espanol. Although I might watch every game with the theme from “Titanic” on repeat for 90 minutes.

2 Likes

But let’s be honest about this. Even though I don’t have a fucking clue what they are talking about they make the game about 10 times more exciting than it really is.

@AbouCuellar where the fuck is Jeff in all this!?

Another 5-2 against these paella boys today. Thanks.

5 Likes

Willock, Ozil and Lacazette all start. Elneny plays as CB.

Come on Laca

1 Like