Do Arsenal have the best squad in Premier League?

Lol. I can’t even remember this thread being created but it’s looking even sillier now than at the time it was created.

1 Like

We have a squad with two top quality players, a few decent defenders and the rest are just adequate players.

As a club we pay top class wages to average players, then we give them even bigger contracts.

Wenger and the board have proved in recent seasons their level of ambition.
It’s simply not good enough.
This is the reason we can’t keep the very few decent players we have.

I would have always put us behind ManCity and probably not too far off Chelsea. So probably third overall while lacking considerably in certain positions.

1 Like

You tit! Fuck off! :mustafi:

1 Like

I wouldn’t change what I wrote from December tbh, a handful of top quality (one of which is now perma-crocked) and then a significant drop off in quality

But in the main a more effective manager should be able to get a lot more out of the squad we do have

2 Likes

It’s definitely a decent squad, and one plenty of managers would like to work with/could do more with.

^Powderfinger’s post, one of the first in the thread, pretty much summed it up.

2 Likes

Chelsea finished outside the top 4 last season with a squad that won the league the season before and now the same squad is on course winning the league again.

So, the squad isn’t the problem. The manager is though and Wenger’s stubbornness and dinosaur tactics must go.

1 Like

Half of the first team are overpaid and not good enough for the esteem we hope of Arsenal.

Nonetheless, Wenger selects and purchases these players and configures the lineup. It’s evidently a problem at both ends.

2 Likes

Somehow missed this thread until its recent bump… but bwahahahahaha.

1 Like