Chinese Football Thread

Well seeing that the list of money grabbers has grown a bit more this year, thought we might as well have a thread on it…To those list of money grabbers you can now add Christian Vieri, who announced yesterday via his Instagram his intentions to come out of retirement and play football in China.

Notable/rejects currently playing in the Chinese league

Graziano Pelle
Papiss Cisse
Hulk
Jean-Philippe Mendy
Jackson Martinez
Alessandro Diamanti
Ezequiel Lavezzi
Gael Kakuta
Gervinho
Stephane M’bia
Ramires
Freddy Guarin
Obafemi Martins
Luis Fabiano
Jadson

It’s highly unlikely that the football itself will ever be discussed in this thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

fun fact: Pelle signed 40m 2.5year deal :slight_smile: that’s about Ozil’s wage

Manuel gone to chase that China fortune.

1 Like

And to think he supposedly wanted to stay and manage in the Premier league :joy:

He was linked with a few clubs in La Liga, obviously they were nothing more than rumours. City did well to get rid when they did.

The Chinese football revolution continues

they can’t be serious. Such a fucking random team they have there, they’d be happy if they could beat a mid table Austrian Bundesliga team.

Good God.

In other news, Gervinho has moved to Cardiff.

Fuck right off. Has he really?! :smile: amazing.

Lol Cristo where did you read this?! As he hasn’t lol

My Cardiff supporting mate told me!! I wonder where the hell he heard it hahaha

Oh fuck off. I’m livid chelsea are getting that deal.

£60m for Oscar? Lol. Surely we must be able to get £30m out of them for Sanogo then!

1 Like

When he came onto the scene you honestly though he had a really high ceiling but he’s worked under a few managers now and it hasn’t really worked. Benitez, Mourinho and now Conte haven’t really gotten the best out of him and that’s 3 world class managers so you have to just say maybe he wasn’t as good as people actually expected.

I was expecting Oscar to be a fantastic player. Ability wise he is superb, not enetirely sure why he hasn’t fully reached his potential (Or like SRCJJ says, maybe his potential wasn’t as high as first thought).

It’s a shame because I actually quite rated him, regardless £60m for his signature is unbelievable.

1 Like

Oscar has one of the best Champions league goals in recent memory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmo4LoIWLEk

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carlos-tevez-40-million-euros-move-china-165633631--sow.html

Where is all this Chinese activity leading? It’s players today, but down the road is it a stretch of the imagination to think they’ll be buying whole clubs and relocating them to China. It’s the sort of thing that’s been going on with north American sport franchises for many years.

Chinese Football is another disgusting thing for the sport. Great way to rort FFP though for the top clubs.

That is a bit far fetched in all honesty because national FAs would kick a team that did that out of the league.