Chelsea Vs Arsenal (PL)

Another 2+ goal loss… I have no faith in this club, system or manager. I don’t think we’ll see good football until January at the earliest.

1 Like

Sorry, but what do you expect from a new manager, with a completely different style compared to Wenger’s? To win immediately?

Yes please.

1 Like

Maybe the Europa League and the League Cup, not surely the league. One step at time.

I think the Elneny v Xhaka argument proves that it is better to buy a world class player in a position that needs strengthening than two average players.

Elneny was a bit of a panic buy for around 7-8m and Xhaka was about 35m so that’s more than 40m and possibly around 150k wages on two players that aren’t good enough.

Surely that money would have been better spent on one world class player that would have been top quality.

Always buying on the cheap has seen us drop out of the CL and seen all our rivals overtake us.

3 Likes

It’s possible but not always likely, look at Conte’s first season at Chelsea for eg

To be competitive… Hell, after the last game I’d settle for competent.

We don’t have the squad to compete over 9 months.

Well, there is hope, right?
Let’s set the date in January.

Shitting bricks atm. Havent won at their shithole since the RVP hattrick in 2011 ! Hopefully our press will be a little more coordianted for this game.

I remember that game. I had RVP as my fantasy football captain the week before and was planning on changing it but forgot. One of about 500 examples of how I do better on fantasy football when I leave my team alone :smile:

Andre Santos running riot too ! Great times, great times indeed :grin:

1 Like

Their defence is shaky especially with Kepa in, Huddersfield were absolutely terrible in that game.

If we play Laca and Auba together we could give them plenty of problems.

I’d be cautiously optimistic if Emery makes the right team selection.

2 Likes

I wanted him pulled off at half time cos he was so shit. Changed my tune sharpish in the second half :slight_smile:

Huddersfield as shite as they were, were troubling them, put some decent balls into the box.

We should try and play some good wing-oh… :bellerin:

1 Like

That Chelsea Arsenal 3-5 game was one of the strangest I’e ever witnessed haha.

Crazy game.

I knew he’d had a good game for us at some point while he was here :grinning:

1 Like

Well, if we repeated what we did against City for some part of the game it should be enough here.

Don’t see Maitland training, while Nacho is back.

what was the update on AMN injury?