Chelsea

Not called the Daily Fail for nothing :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Frank Lampard has officially retired. If you could call one Chelsea (ex-)player sympathetic, which you canā€™t since they are all cunts, it would be Lampard imo.

1 Like

One of My favourite played of all time. Just amazing.

Frank Lampardā€™s been an amazing pro and developed (the odd moment of youthful idiocy and diving aside) into a great ambassador for the game, Iā€™ve got a lot of time for him. Also he done gone and got a GCSE in Latin, unlike all them other thick footballers.

For me heā€™s always been kind of the polar opposite of that disgusting oxygen thief John Terry.

4 Likes

^ this.

Lampard was like Cech the only two of that Chelsea core that you didnā€™t hate.

The best goalscoring midfielder the PL has had and for me better than Gerrard.

1 Like

Theyā€™re running a Lampard v Gerrard poll on the BBC and itā€™s split exactly 50/50. Iā€™m surprised, I went for Lampard but I thought people generally preferred Gerrard as a player. He certainly had more of the England limelight.

I used to not like Lampard because he was a greedy cunt that took shots all the time but I think he improved every year and played well under many different coaches and when he went to City he was a useful part of the team there too. As he started to decline in his early 30s he made that kind of transition that guys like Giggs made into elder statesman of midfield which I really like, whereas Gerrard just became worse and overrated.

There are a lot of Liverpool fans out there I reckon :grinning:.

4 Likes

Serious Question here, not just a rib at Chavski.

Their new stadium, will this be put in on top of their debt to abramovic. That article from the spuds saying that their stadium has skyrockeed to Ā£800m, if this goes to Abramovich that could owe him Ā£1.5-2 BILLION! I know the supporters keep on saying about how it doesnt matter because of the circumstances of how the debt has been set up, but what seriously does happen to that debt, what happens if he wants it back.

Are they making payments back on thisā€¦because the only way i can see him getting his money back is him taking money out of the club every season then the fans will hate him, look at our fans with Kroenke how they act over a paultry 3m a season coming out for him and that is for media stuff. I genuinely want to know what happens to that debt especially when it will pretty much double, that is shit scary amounts. The club even with the new stadium wil not be worth that amount of money not even close!

remember he has more money than he could ever spend.

You may well be right, but given all this time i am inclined to think he is attached and couldnt give a shit what it costs.

2 Likes

The only person who can answer those questions is Roman himself.

At a guess i reckon if he ever walks away heā€™ll take the 700m or whatever the sale yields and write off the rest.

1 Like

Didnā€™t he write off the previous debts? Or he put them on the club with a share issue or something but I donā€™t think it ended up that heā€™d just turn around and ask for it all back (Iā€™m sure I asked this before and was sufficiently answered).

If Chelsea continue to perform, can build a 60000 seater stadium and fill it their fanbase, sponsorships and value will grow. If he sticks around for 15 years and theyā€™re good for 15 years and relatively self sufficient, theyā€™ll be worth a lot more than heā€™s put in.

1 Like

Better question is who the hell is going to buy a Chelseaā€™s parent company with over 1bn debt attached to it?

The likely scenario is that Chelsea FC revenues will be siphoned to satisfy debt levels.

Someone whoā€™ll use it to lower the asking price.

1 Like

In one of his first interviews after buying Chelsea, the then-36-year-old Russian sat down with editor of BBC Business Jeff Randall. When asked if buying the football club was about making money, Abramovich responded:

No, itā€™s not about making money.

I have many much less risky ways of making money than this. I donā€™t want to throw my money away, but itā€™s really about having funā€”and that means success and trophies.

This stuff always goes up because the revenue is always going up. If he hangs on to the club and it ends up being worth Ā£2bn in a decade then heā€™s not making a loss and heā€™s having a whale of a time doing it. And if he spends 500m on a stadium and if it generates an extra 30m a season and isnā€™t going to negatively affect the football like ours did then itā€™s a bit of a no-brainer surely?

Thereā€™s a reason that everyone wants to do it and itā€™s not just to give more people the pleasure of watching a team play in the flesh. If a stadium lasts 100 years and pays for itself in 15-20, thatā€™s just smart isnā€™t it?

Chelsea have made a ā‚¬38m plus ā‚¬5m bonuses for AS Monaco central midfielder TiemouĆ© Bakayoko, according to @LatourBertrand.

ā€” Get French Football (@GFFN) 21 maart 2017

Cesc and/or Matic are gone this summer?