Calum Chambers

Same, hair helps too.

That was just his beard

Hoping for a better 45 minutes because that was awful. Looks nervous and misjudged the pass to Morata totally. Not convincing.

1 Like

Not convincing at all. Has to shore it up quick.

1 Like

Very very poor

Just not good enough for a top team if thatā€™s what we want to be, should just head to a mid/lower table top flight English side.

To be fair, he needs game time to improve and be in shape.
His arse is stoned coldā€¦

Makes good tackles but christ he fucking falls asleep sometimes. Mother of God.

Thought he was surprisingly very composed vs Chelsea.

2 Likes

Agreed - heā€™s young and needs games. Fans are far too quick to write off these players.

2 Likes

Or heā€™s just not good enough? I havenā€™t been impressed with him, not pre his Boro loan, not during his loan and certainly not after his loan. Sure, there is potential and heā€™s young. Better to loan him out again and see if he improves, because heā€™s hardly worthy of being a starter here and thus should struggle to get enough game time to aid his development.

1 Like

Looks more composed as of late out there.

Still wonder if he has a long term place at Arsenal. Also young enough to where we may not have seen the best of him yet (insert better defensive coaching here).

2 Likes

So much better than that clown called Mustafi. Keep it up Calum!

Heā€™s got a future here IMO, been saying it since day one.

Want to see him Holding and Bellerin under a manager who can actually organise a team, theyā€™ve all been burned and ridiculed in the past but funnily enough theyā€™ve all also impressed with very good performances intially.

Chambers in particular earning a couple of England call ups off the back of the form he demonstrated when he first signed.

1 Like

Canā€™t really say Iā€™ve watched that much of him this season and when I do I donā€™t really have a good handle on defenders but I always see him making bad passes that get intercepted. Like I said, not really a good judge of defenders except for the obvious cases but my sensation is that heā€™s pretty meh in all categories and not really Arsenal level. Bielik, Mavropanos, and Holding all strike me as more interesting prospects.

1 Like

You may not have a good handle on defenders Cuellar, but when it comes to attacking talent thereā€™s little doubting your credentials :speak_no_evil:

5 Likes

Lol, Ms. Wilshere > Ramsey always popping up to try to get a knick in. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Given how disjointed the defense has been this season, itā€™s hard to look at any of the defenders in a vaccum so to speak. Heā€™s played poorly at times, but I think that he has looked more composed at the back the last handful of games.

I remember performances from a few seasons ago when he first transferred that showed some promise and he looked better on the ball. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m curious as to whether he has a future here. Too young to give up on, IMO.

Too young to give up on sure but you have to choose your bets, donā€™t you? They canā€™t all make it, you canā€™t give playing time to develop them all, and he wouldnā€™t be the one Iā€™d bet on. Plus you have the positive that heā€™s a relatively marketable piece and we should be able to get at least Ā£20m for him in this market.

Fair points, but are some of the other slightly younger players really better or show more potential? Iā€™m referring strictly to defenders, not younger midfielders shoe horned into a back role here or there.

Thatā€™s obviously the million dollar question. Iā€™d like to see a little more of Chambers.