Bundesliga

I wonder where Bosz will take them. With the opposition they have played you really wanted to be 12 out of 12. But on the other hand they haven’t conceded a goal yet. Would be nice to see a Dutch coach have success on the international stage again. I think Advocaat was the last when he won the UEFA Cup with Zenith.

Jonker has been fired. Too this day I wonder how in the world he got the position that he got at Arsenal :crazy_face:.

Absolutely nothing by the looks of it

1 Like

Tbf the referee fucked up big time on this one. The game was stopped by the time the ball went over the line and so the goal should have never stood. It’s not a subjective interpretation but straight against the rules of the game.

Oh my bad. I didn’t see the goal.

This is the goal in question - https://imgtc.com/w/f9I1XGT

It was in fairness a complete cock-up from the referee. But to replay the game on the back of it? Bullshit. It was a human error like any incorrect decision of any official in any game.

Gosh that’s a tough one.
I know he stopped the play but he stopped it assuming there was a push or handball from Dortmund player.
If the review says no push(or handball), that means it was a fair play from Dortmund’s end.

I guess ref should wait for play to finish before whistling down the play.

1 Like

Yes, if VAR is going to become a thing refs are going to really have to fix the way they officiate games. It’s going to be tough because there are habits they need to break. Imagine a scenario where there is a ball over the top and a forward attacker gets a break away and a sure 1 v 1 vs a keeper. Sometimes linesman flag them offside far before they even approach the goal. In order for VAR to be effective they are going to have to swallow their whistles and go back to review any close decisions. So in the above scenario even if a linesman thinks the attacker is offside he’ll have to wait until the goal is scored to flag him for offside.

3 Likes

If they do that they’d probably be better off not having linos at all tbh.

1 Like

So you are for getting rid of linos all together?

It would actually really help with the flow of the game when you think about it. I wouldn’t be opposed if that’s the way they went on account of VAR. But they won’t. We’ll continue with this halfway bollocks.

I am, let technology take care of it or maybe the linesman should only flag when the offside is clear ie daylight between the players involved.
They make too many mistakes.

Some of you are putting too much trust in technology providing instant results. With how the laws of the game are right now there is still a definite need for linesmen.

1 Like

I don’t trust the technology at all really (apart from goal line tech) but if they’re going to use it I’d like to see a radical rethink.

I feel VAR should only be used in game changing decisions where the game has been stopped and then only as a backup to the refs… So after a goal has been scored, or a “foul” in the penalty box.

Not sure how to fix the offsides mistakes the linos make all the time though, without completely screwing up the game.

Didn’t he just return from a broken foot?

https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/910089758076030976

Freddie & Jonker sacked from Volkswagen FC

https://twitter.com/freddie/status/910077598264373249

1 Like

Chocolate feet.

C’mon Schalke! They are on a great run atm.

1 Like