Bundesliga

Hamburg draw against Hoffenheim. That’s quite a surprise for them :wilshere:

I’ve been hearing about little slip ups from Bayern here and there, what with the defeat to Dortmund, with Leipzig sneaking ahead of them on the table, and now the defeat to Rostov. If there are any close watchers of the Bundesliga here, can you comment on whether these might be signs of some deeper flaws within the current squad, or are they just incidental setbacks.

Well, first of all, Guardiola’s departure has caused a rapid deterioration in tactical discipline. Ancelotti promised “more vertical” play, but overall they are just conceding more goals and scoring less per game then under Pep. And while they bought Hummels and Sanches, they have failed to find a capable alternative to Lewandowski. Müller’s completely out of form (for at least half a year now), Ribery and Robben are predictably injured all the time and are also getting older and Costa and Coman can’t pick up on their performances from the first half of last season. In addition, their midfield with Alonso, Kimmich and Thiago is not as good as other top clubs’.
In short: Worse coach, key players getting old (Lahm, Alonso, Robbery), shortcomings in the transfer market (central midfield, attacking alternatives).

6 Likes

Thanks for the insight. Long may this decline last.

If only Dortmund were more constant it would be their best chance to win the league in the last years.

1 Like

@Persona, Leipzig can go 6 points clear off the table today :wink:

1 Like

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/bap4.mp4?token=1481312385_e4a072f4d747b301ead5c09de50a70accc3cb8f6

2 Likes

3-1 Leipzig HT. They can be another Leicester.

Can any Leipzig followers give me some insight on Burke kid. British talent abroad interests me

1 Like

What position was Leipzig predicted to finish at the start of the season ? Im really curious.

Wenga, Buy Werner now.
Really blossoming this season.

Thanks to FM it feels like he’s been around for years. Still only 20 though. Is he any good then?

Did Hoffenheim start as well as Leipzig as newly-promoted some years ago?

Leipzig heard about Leicester’s story and thought we’ll have some of that.

Unstoppable atm.

1 Like

Have they played Bayern and Dortmund yet?

They’ve beaten Dortmund.

2 Likes

They play Bayern away on december, 21st.

Always been a talent with few headed goals from corner here & there; and contributed to Stuttgart from wings. Was pretty limited in his role. I almost sold him on Soccer Manager because he has no special attribute as such, bar pace.
This season he has really matured and lead his teams attack. Either he has had sudden maturity or he needed better service from his team mates.

Very impressed by him this term.

1 Like

look away, Gnabry has scored an equaliser for Werder.

Dortmund still 0-0 HT.
And they lost! :bellerin: @CunningLinguist @Persona