Basel v Arsenal (Champions League)

Credit to Arsene, he fielded a strong team tonight, we did our bit and some how Ludogorets did the unlikely! :smiley:

Also when you think about it, just HOW vital did Ozil’s winner against Ludogorets proved to be in the end?

1 Like

Wow wow wow! We have finally won the group. So, so happy. Watch us getting Bayern now though :bellerin:
Talking about the game, we were in total control from the game. Never felt so comfortable about us.

1 Like

Brilliant results all round. Who would have thought eh? All the pessimism going into this game LOL.

2 Likes

Say, we are top of the group, say we are top of ,
Never in doubt. :slight_smile: )

Nah BT geoblock if you try to post the vid on savedeo. gettting them from this brilliant goals account on twitter. https://twitter.com/ArsenalTerje

1 Like

Our heroes. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Well that just goes to show I know fuck all. There really cant be any complaints tonight given how everything turned out.

:arteta:

8 Likes

Gibbs three assists?

A chance is still a chance, no matter how small.

Even if we do get Bayern I don’t care. Just glad to finally finish top, it’s surely got to give the team a massive confidence boost too!

2 Likes

Hopefully tonight showed why keeping faith and trying your best no matter what the odds may be is so important.

What a night. The mighty Arsenal, top of the group and undefeated.

Ozil and Alexis should be filmed for Planet Earth 3. Super human.

8 Likes

great win :slight_smile: now onto the draw!

first unbeaten group stage since 05/06 now what happened in that season? :wink:

3 Likes

and if Sanchez had been unlucky with that challenge on him then it would be precisely the reverse

Yeah fair play Arsene seems you got it right and I was wrong with how it worked out. The threat of UEFA is real but we have played our part.

1 Like

“If”. He’s fine and we’re all fine. Better than fine!

1 Like

It’s definitely a case of “phew” but no ppint dwelling on it all things considered. :slight_smile:

Ok, but you wouldn’t hear a peep out of all these people crowing if one of them had gone down.

Credit to Ludogorets for an amazing result, didn’t see that coming despite rating them quite a lot as an attacking force. I would still have rested players though, as I don’t see much of a difference between 1st and 2nd (also for selfish reasons I want AtlĂ©tico Madrid tbf)

1 Like

Good experience for Holding. Just the one major mistake. Iwobi was okay. Granit and Gabriel very good.
Then Walcott came on, d’oh

1 Like

The final was the last game I went to.

I think there is a difference. Would rather play a team in second. I think Real Madrid will beat Dortmund tomorrow which will mean they win their group - facing them or Barca would be a nightmare! Plus there is the home advantage in the second leg. And it just makes a change to be honest.

1 Like